Some of you know my stand on Trifexis. I would cut off my arms and legs before letting Vegas or baby O take a dose of Trifexis. I became aware of the poison after sweet Steve Slocum passed away. Once my research started..I came across the FB page Trifexis kills Dogs. Here is her post from this morning.
" One year ago, on this date, our dog Peaches suffered and died after ONE dose of Trifexis. She was six years old and perfectly healthy, the sweetest dog we have ever had. Her "murder" by Elanco, the mfg of Trifexis, inspired my daughter and I to start this site, TRIFEXIS KILLS DOGS. The site has grown, and, sadly, there are so many reports of dogs dying and being maimed by Trifexis that it has become very clear that Trifexis is a poison that no one should ever give to dogs. Why most vets refuse to recognize this is beyond belief. They seem to blindly follow the directives of Elanco. Vioxx killed many people and was therefore recalled; Trifexis has killed many dogs and yet it is still being prescribed. Please sign our petition, keep the stories coming, report adverse effects to Elanco, which by law must then report those adversities to the FDA. Sooner or later we will get this drug banned. Meanwhile, our hearts go out to those of you who have lost animals by poisoning. Today we will celebrate our dog Peaches' life, not her death, with a little ceremony. She would have been seven years old. Rest in Peace, Peaches."
Those of you who choose to use Trifexis....that's what it is, a choice. I appreciate this thread, it brings up a topic that can light the fire in a negative way for many people. The fight against Trifexis is huge part of my everyday life. Every morning I see Diane post the photo/slogan combo I made for her. She posts it everyday and will continue to post it every day until it's been recalled. Great job in keeping things civil everybody.