Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
You know when you have congestion in your chest be it from illness or allergies n you breath, it kinda gurgles n then at one point you sort of cough to clear it? That seems to be happening with Brie sometimes. It isn't frequent, but since her eye surgery last Tues it has happened about 3-4 times. She is behaving normal, eating, drinking, romping etc. her f/u appt is Wednesday. Should I just use steam to see if it clears until then so thy can check her? She doesn't choke or seem to have phlegm consistently so I haven't used lemon juice. Obviously if it worsens I'll take her to be sen sooner. Any thoughts to this? Immune system low, anesthesia after math etc?

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Someone who can really help will be along soon, I'm sure. But I was thinking maybe anesthesia...poor baby...she can't catch a break. Sending good thoughts your way!:pray2:

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
Yes...i was told after my dogs surgery that i need to watch for congestion...they can get aspiration pneumonia!!! from anesthesia! Call vet or someone right away or A.S.A.P...good luck!

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Ugh...my poor lil girl. I will keep an eye on her n go to er vet if it worsens in any way. Thank you for your input.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would definitely keep an eye on her and if she gets any worse I would take her to your vet.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wouldn't hurt to try the lemon juice. Is she still wearing her cone?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have no input on this one, Bella only was put out for her C-section & I don't remember her having any issues. I say keep an eye on it, but w/this cooler weather it could be an allergy issue too. I know my allergies are kicking up, and you've seen my thread on Winston!!! Good Luck... ;)

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Wouldn't hurt to try the lemon juice. Is she still wearing her cone?

Yes, her f/u s Wed. She has also developed some redness or brownish/reddish discoloration on her fur where the cone rests..I think she drooled n I didn't clean n dry it as best as I thought..I am using hexachlor wipes on the area daily. It's sad tho, cos I've been so incredibly conscientious about keeping her clean n dry..ugh!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's ok you cant watch her 24 hours a day, it'll go away right after you get to take it off. :yes::yes: You're a GREAT mom!!

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
It's ok you cant watch her 24 hours a day, it'll go away right after you get to take it off. :yes::yes: You're a GREAT mom!!

You are the best! Thank you :) I do think something is brewing there tho so I'm trying to keep it from getting worse. The skin under is pinkish n she does try to scratch the area but can't. I rub it or a lil for her hoping to give her relief w out scratching you know? Lol I've absolutely no idea what I'm doing ha ha!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You are the best! Thank you :) I do think something is brewing there tho so I'm trying to keep it from getting worse. The skin under is pinkish n she does try to scratch the area but can't. I rub it or a lil for her hoping to give her relief w out scratching you know? Lol I've absolutely no idea what I'm doing ha ha!
just being the best mom you know how to be and that's all we ever know how to do. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.