Pigs ears and bully sticks

Angie1969

Apr 5, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Taz
Can bulldogges eat these chewy treats?. What foods and treats should we not give Taz?. He is a bulldogge only taller and has a regular snout, not pushed in. I've found a couple of tips how to walk him on a leash, I will try both. Thank you for the great information on this sight!. I will keep checking in. Angie

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Bullies shouldn't have them as they are choking hazards nor should they have rawhides.. We give Harlea fruits and veggies for treats along with plain yogurt and she loves them. Elk and moose antlers are great chew toy as they last a long time but are a tad expensive but well worth it.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yeah, what they said. These r very dangerous for bullies unfortunately. The nylabones and antlers are wonderful tho, my pups love them!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Sounds like either n olde english or American bully maybe? Even without the brac issues of pushed in faced issues, those treats are on the dangerous side. Nylabone and kong have great chew toys including some edible ones. I would look into those and any other suggestions given here instead of the bully sticks.

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Everyone is right as these chew toys are not good for bullies. No rawhides, pig ears, or bully sticks. We give ours Nylabones and Kongs to chew on.

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
Daizy does not chew anything, she swallows whole, so my guys get RMB's and Hooves - the shaved, flat ones. The hollow ones fit perfectly in her folds and she rips her face apart. We tried the antlers, bought a large one and she ate it in 4 days. I believe she holds the record...lol. I bought pig snouts the other day, she choked and I had to pull it out of her throat, but my Frenchie had no problems as he chews his food. Depends if your furbaby is a chewer or a gulper. I have yet to see a bully that chews anything....lol

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Antlers, real bones filled with yogurt or peanut butter then frozen, nylabones, kongs.

Using a harness with a leash gives better control than a collar and is more comfortable for the bullie.

Glad you have joined us!

OP
Angie1969

Angie1969

Apr 5, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Taz
Thanks for all your experiences with pig ears and bully sticks. This website is really good!. I've read so much in 2 days. I'll keep checking in.
Angie

OP
Angie1969

Angie1969

Apr 5, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Taz
How about duck or chicken jerky for dogs? For chewing?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

Well...since you asked..lol..the jerky stuff is almost all made in China. There have been so many recalls because of tainted meats in the jerky. even the ones that say Mfg in U.S. use meat processed in China. My vet says no jerky products..at all. Many dogs have become very very ..ill and some have died.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
As for treats n not just chewing, We give Brie edible kong treats, edible nylabones, dried sweet potatoes slices, frozen yogurt peanut butter drops, carrots, dried liver snacks (made at pet pleases bakery - all natural ingredients) and cheese on occasion. I want to try frozen green beans and fruits like blueberries n watermelon (no rind) next

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
I do feel that Zuke's Jerky treats are safe
[h=1]Jerky Naturals[/h]Healthy Grain-Free Jerky Bites for Dogs
Reward your dog every day with nutritious Jerky Naturals. Each meaty bite is filled with healthy goodness—real meat, carrots, blueberries, apples, and antioxidant-rich herbs.

• All meat comes from US or New Zealand: safe, trustworthy sources
  • Meat #1 ingredient: ideal for dogs on limited-ingredient or grain-free diets
  • Alternative proteins lamb & turkey: great for dogs sensitive to more common proteins
  • Carrots, apples, and blueberries: powerful sources of antioxidants
  • Wholefood ingredients: nutrients from food - no artificial colors, flavors or added animal fat

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey

I agree with JAKEISGREAT their are some really bad Jerky companies out there. In fact a company had a recall two or three days ago. With everything there are a few exceptions. I know you are looking for a chewy meat treat so this is my suggestion.
I do feel that Zuke's Jerky treats are safe and I feed my dogs these. You will most likely have to order them.Jerky Naturals

Healthy Grain-Free Jerky Bites for Dogs
Reward your dog every day with nutritious Jerky Naturals. Each meaty bite is filled with healthy goodness—real meat, carrots, blueberries, apples, and antioxidant-rich herbs.

• All meat comes from US or New Zealand: safe, trustworthy sources
  • Meat #1 ingredient: ideal for dogs on limited-ingredient or grain-free diets
  • Alternative proteins lamb & turkey: great for dogs sensitive to more common proteins
  • Carrots, apples, and blueberries: powerful sources of antioxidants
  • Wholefood ingredients: nutrients from food - no artificial colors, flavors or added animal fat

Mslieff

May 6, 2013
N. Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
I agree with what everyone has posted. We give Bentley Baby carrots for treats. Any of the store bought treats are loaded with fat and put on the extra pounds. Our vet suggested soaking them in Chicken stock if he didn't like the carrots but he loves them - as long as they are cold. For chewing, he LOVES the nylon bones and the KONG toys as long as it's the original one. Anything else he chews right through. :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online