Can't catch a break.. Bloody spots?

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
I just found about 5 small bloody spots on maggies back. I investigated and can't find a wound or a bump or anything. It looks like the blood is just coming out of her pores. Any ideas on what it could be? :ashamed:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Oh no so sorry you are going thru such a tough time with Queenie. I have tagged a few people to read this thread. Sending you both hugs :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Could be hot spots, to me they look like bloody spots for sure. Ok have you changed food recently?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh Dear! I am not good with skin problems..try some peroxide to clean it and neosporin won't hurt..others will be here with more help..
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I can't find a picture. Where are you looking???

No pic just saying that is what hot spots look like to me, is bloody spots seeping out of the skin. :up:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh okay they do look like that I just thought you saw a pic somewhere and I was loosing it.

Oh you're losing it alright :loco:

So nice to have you back too!

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Must be the last round of drinks we had. :cheers2: I'm glad to be back! Thanks

Alyssa has witch hazel she could put on the spots. She has been using it to clean out the tail pocket.

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Could be hot spots, to me they look like bloody spots for sure. Ok have you changed food recently?

Actually I had her on Blue Buffalo chicken but when I went to visit my parents this week I forgot her food so I ran to walmart in the middle of the night and they didn't have her food. Her last owner had her on Pure balance so I grabbed her some of that. Could that be the problem? I am back home now and I have her old food.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Actually I had her on Blue Buffalo chicken but when I went to visit my parents this week I forgot her food so I ran to walmart in the middle of the night and they didn't have her food. Her last owner had her on Pure balance so I grabbed her some of that. Could that be the problem? I am back home now and I have her old food.

Oh yes it could certainly cause hot spots, as well as bloating, and bad gas, and beware of the squirts too.

You need to dry them out quickly as they itch and will continue to spread. Antibacterial soap to wash (preferably hybiclens but any antibacterial hand soap will do), 3 times a day wash them and pat dry. If they get bad you will need to shave the area. If you read the article on allergies it will show you examples of hot spots before and after shaving.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope you baby gets better soon. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] has given you some excellent advise.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Almost every time skin problems are caused by food and most of them go away without any medication with the right food. Unfortunately what works for some bully doesn't work for every bully...not even raw, but that works for most.

OP
alyssahope

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
I cleaned the spots and put her old food back in her bowl. They weren't bloody this morning so hopefully it will go away!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I cleaned the spots and put her old food back in her bowl. They weren't bloody this morning so hopefully it will go away!

How is the Queen doing today... better?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.