What kind of tick is this please?

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Ok, I found out the names of her medicine. The heart worm pill is triheart plus and the topical is First shield trio. Ate those both good?

Tri Heart Plus is a generic version of Heartguard plus with the same ingredient and dosage. First shield trio is mainly prescribed by Bainfield vet hospital also has the same ingredients as Hartz product so I would stay far away. It also has a lot of negative reviews either for not working or being toxic.

IMO the Tri Heart sounds like a good product. Since you have Tick issues switch from First Shield Trio (throw away or ask for a refund since it doesnt work) and try one of the topical I suggest K9 Advantix II since it does repel and kill ticks

Last edited:
OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Tri Heart Plus is a generic version of Heartguard plus with the same ingredient and dosage. First shield trio is mainly prescribed by Bainfield vet hospital also has the same ingredients as Hartz product so I would stay far away. It also has a lot of negative reviews either for not working or being toxic.

IMO the Tri Heart sounds like a good product. Since you have Tick issues switch from First Shield Trio (throw away or ask for a refund since it doesnt work) and try one of the topical I suggest K9 Advantix II since it does repel and kill ticks

I will switch when her next monthly turn is due 8/17. We have switched to the good vet so Im sure they have the one you recommend. I'll discuss other heart worm pills too just in case he recommends one better. I'm not worried about the cost of Medicine, just that it works as is not frikkn toxic...that pisses me off even more than I'm already p'od...thank you so much for your input. It is extremely important!

Last edited:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
All dogs have different reactions to meds. I just dont like the fact first shield trio has the same ingredients as Hartz products does. Brie is lucky to have a mama bear like you :yes:

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
All dogs have different reactions to meds. I just dont like the fact first shield trio has the same ingredients as Hartz products does. Brie is lucky to have a mama bear like you :yes:

Awww thank you. i sure am trying to be a good mommy bear! ...And we are very lucky to have met ppl like you! :yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.