Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I swear if I find another one of these crawling on my leg or on my dog I'm going to frikkn scream..of course it won't keep them away n prolly won't even make me feel better..just saying :wtf:

brie is supposedly protected but it is still un-nerving. I've taken 5 crawling off her, 2 crawling off me and 1 that a attached itself to my son off in the past month. Maybe just a bad season? We also had sod palates put down n trees cut down so maybe they are more out n about due to that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i can't see where you live but in pa there are tons of ticks out. deer ticks are way smaller than other ticks but carry lyme disease pathogens. really really check every crevice for more ticks tonight on you and your dog. my husband pulls one off his body every year when he goes fishing...meaning they've already started digging in. gross, i know. trust me, tho, check everywhere on your dog.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I have no idea but I hate ticks and fleas and am so glad we don't have them right where I live. :eek: I would have screamed if I found one on me.

HeatherTaylor

Jul 30, 2012
Harford County Maryland
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bandit and Kozmo Monster
American dog tick. I have found a few here in MD :( So gross and scary!

Heather, Bandit and the Kozmo Monster
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Ok..I thought it was either American dog/ brown tick n not deer tick. I have never seen so many in my life. We have lived her for about 6-7 years and this is the first time they are everywhere. I guess the landscape stuff pushed them up to us..joy. If for some reason they do attach to Brie will they die cos of the stuff she has on her? Or do they just not bite her cos of it?

Last edited:

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Ok..I thought it was either American dog/ brown tick n not deer tick. I have never seen so many in my life. We have lived her for about 6-7 years and this is the first time they are everywhere. I guess the landscape stuff pushed them up to us..joy. If for some reason they do attach to Brie will they use cos of the stuff she has on her? Or do they just not bite her cos of it?

If for instance you are using Frontline Plus they are killed when they come in contact with the dogs coat

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
We have a horrible tick problem here in TN, and I use Frontline religiously every month! I also get my home sprayed by an exterminator that does the outside as well. I have family in GA & I have heard that ticks love pine straw... I know that is everywhere down there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Our mosquitoes are bad this year .. but we had such a wet spring and summer so that's the reason I think!! :no:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
@Lisabear123 What do you use as a pest control on Brie? From what I read Sentinel does not protect against Ticks. K9 Advantix II (repels and kills ticks) or Frontline Plus (kills ticks on contact) should be used if you have a big problem with ticks in your area. We use a combo of Heartgaurd and K9 Advantix II. I would also use OFF on my self while outside help keep the buggers off me. I would scream if I saw one on me or the pups...I also have one of these tick removers in my dog medicine cabinet http://www.amazon.com/The-Tick-Key/dp/B000R1D3KQ/ref=zg_bs_2975390011_1 . We take our dogs camping so we like to be prepared. Try using this Diatomaceous Earth and sprinkle around your house and yard might help kill the ticks on your property http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Labratories-Diatomaceous-Shaker-12-Ounce/dp/B00127Q860

Last edited:
OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
@Lisabear123 What do you use as a pest control on Brie? From what I read Sentinel does not protect against Ticks. K9 Advantix II (repels and kills ticks) or Frontline Plus (kills ticks on contact) should be used if you have a big problem with ticks in your area. We use a combo of Heartgaurd and K9 Advantix II. I would also use OFF on my self while outside help keep the buggers off me. I would scream if I saw one on me or the pups...I also have one of these tick removers in my dog medicine cabinet http://www.amazon.com/The-Tick-Key/dp/B000R1D3KQ/ref=zg_bs_2975390011_1 . We take our dogs camping so we like to be prepared. Try using this Diatomaceous Earth and sprinkle around your house and yard might help kill the ticks on your property http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Labratories-Diatomaceous-Shaker-12-Ounce/dp/B00127Q860

Ive never seen it so bad here. My husband put some stuff around but I'm not sure what..I know he put it down n the rain soaked it in..supposedly it kills whatever ticks are there . I use topical stuff from the vet and for the life of me I can't remember what the heck it's called. I've used it on her twice. I'll call the vet tomorrow n find out. I'm planning on discussing whatever it is as well as the triheart for heart worm with the new vet to see if he suggests something different. I'll def have a look at your suggestions as well. One every so often ..ok..but that many in a month, plus one was actually attached to my son?? No!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I HATE TICKS!!!! Not sure which it is, but I still hate

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Ok, I found out the names of her medicine. The heart worm pill is triheart plus and the topical is First shield trio. Ate those both good?

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online