Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hot Spots on English Bulldogs?

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hot Spots on English Bulldogs?

Oh wow ....... and it got like that overnight??!! It's amazing how quickly it spread!!

Poor Tidus I hope he feels better soon. But in some ways it's probably a relief - you must finally feel as if you are taking a step in the right direction!! Let's hope you find the exact cause soon!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gatorfan85 View Post
    Beefy has booboos like that from when him and baby joe faught. I just keep cleaning them and i wash him with selsun blue(of course) so he doesnt itch it.
    Yeah but this is not a wound, it is more like itchy hives. Swelled up and started ooozing by morning. He wanted to itch it this morning, I was able to curb him tho. He does NOT like the steriod spray at all, it must burn when it lands. He slept all day yesterday, and perked up in the evening. Now he's sleeping again.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    Oh wow ....... and it got like that overnight??!! It's amazing how quickly it spread!!

Poor Tidus I hope he feels better soon. But in some ways it's probably a relief - you must finally feel as if you are taking a step in the right direction!! Let's hope you find the exact cause soon!
    Yep. Started out the size of a quarter or so, put a cone on his head and it spread to (almost) what it is by the next morning. It did spread a bit further by the next day but not by much because I was babysitting him the whole time to make sure he did not itch it. He was miserable, his lips were quivering!!! I wish my vet could've come out the day before, but there was no way we could have done this without a vet tech help. And at this point he is the only vet I trust to help me find THE UNDERLYING problem. Hopefully he did.
    Last edited by bullmama; 11-11-2010 at 11:07 AM.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Yep. Started out the size of a quarter or so, put a cone on his head and it spread to (almost) what it is by the next morning. It did spread a bit further by the next day but not by much because I was babysitting him the whole time to make sure he did not itch it. He was miserable, his lips were quivering!!! I wish my vet could've come out the day before, but there was no way we could have done this without a vet tech help. And at this point he is the only vet I trust to help me find THE UNDERLYING problem. Hopefully he did.[/QUOTE]

@desertskybulldogs This may be a stupid question .... but if it got worse when you put on the plastic cone .. which must have been close to the original spot ... could he be allergic to the plastic?

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@kazzy220

No, he is definitely not allergic to plastic. The cone fits around to where it was sitting in part of the area of the sore,...... but it was the only way to keep him from itching it. I had to make a choice. If I would have left it off he would have continued to scratch it with his paws, which would have been worse.

On another note, his eyes are nice and white and not bloodshot for a change!!! So that is one good thing. Thank goodness I have this bathtowel Lou sent me to use to kinda 'wrap' the area. But now Tidus is sporting "Molly" on his butt. LOL

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Awwe! Poor baby bully! I hope things get better very soon.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

WOW! Those pics are awful! Poor boy, it looks sooo painful! Hope he's doing better soon

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Awww poor tidus! I really hope it all clears up now. Poor little man, he's had a tough time lately Skin issues or not, desertsky, I still want to steal him from you

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Poor baby! I'm glad everything is starting to sort itself out.
    It just irks me all the unnecessary stuff little Tidus had to go thru before he was diagnosed. Poor baby bully. Big hugs and kisses from Vegas and Orion.

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

So update on Tidus. He looks so much better!!! His eyes even look brighter, and there is no bloodshot look to them. I will take pics tomorrow morning

I also am going to try the new fromm Beef grain free for him. I looked at all the foods I have tried for him, and all of them have salmon. What if he is allergic to salmon? He seems to be doing good on the chicken raw (that is all he is getting right now is the nature's variety raw chicken patties), been on it since I discovered the hot spot that night.

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Okay I wanted to give an update on my baby boy. He is doing so much better. He is now eating Fromm Beef Frittata, and his hot spot is nearly gone. As a matter of fact, he is a whole new dog. He wants to run around and chew on everything! He is a monster, and he is not my Tidus! (kidding, it is cute he kinda reminds me of scooby doo when he tries to run in one spot!)

He must feel so much better. The spot where the hot spot was is almost gone, but he is still a bit pink in that area. His fur is already almost grown back too! That was QUICK.

His eye is still bothering him a bit. But not like before. I think it may require a little tuck but nothing major. We will have to wait until he is of age for that.

I will take some pics if I can remember~! I have sooo much stuff to do!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Okay I wanted to give an update on my baby boy. He is doing so much better. He is now eating Fromm Beef Frittata, and his hot spot is nearly gone. As a matter of fact, he is a whole new dog. He wants to run around and chew on everything! He is a monster, and he is not my Tidus! (kidding, it is cute he kinda reminds me of scooby doo when he tries to run in one spot!)

He must feel so much better. The spot where the hot spot was is almost gone, but he is still a bit pink in that area. His fur is already almost grown back too! That was QUICK.

His eye is still bothering him a bit. But not like before. I think it may require a little tuck but nothing major. We will have to wait until he is of age for that.

I will take some pics if I can remember~! I have sooo much stuff to do!
    YAY so glad he is feeling so good! YES pictures PLEASE, I love handsome Tidus pictures!!!!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads