ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank goodness... Poor Brie! Well I'm glad you found a great vet ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Good Grief... I need the link to the video of how to clean the tail pocket?!! And speaking of which... someone should put a video of using a bulb syringe to put powder up there!!! That would be a HOOT!!! :eek:

Well now. This was my own invention; you pour the powder on a plate and squeeze out the air. Stuff the end of the bulb syringe into the pile of powder and it will suck it up into the bulb. Squeeze out the air again until you get in about half way full of the powder, then stick the end of the bulb in as far as you can and under the tail into the pocket and squeeze it, the powder will distribute and does so rather evenly. I squeeze it two or three times under the tail. Afterwards my girls run around like they just had a quick breeze go flying by, I think it feels good. Neither of them runs from me when i am cleaning the tail pocket but let them see me with the cotton balls for the face wrinkles and they run for the hills.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Ok..we are back to defcon 1 ..lol I took her to her vet..I love this new vet! He looked, showed me exactly where her tail pocket is - which he said she really doesn't have one but showed me each side of her tail and where what little she id have was. He said I was doing a good job keeping it clean. The brown stuff was her anal gland gunk.why it was under her tail tho I've no idea. He said the glands did appear full so he expressed them. He showed me how to do it if I ever wanted or needed to do it in the future as well. They washed her butt and sprayed some stuff and there is no more foul smell. Thank goodness it wasn't anything more. The vet was also so happy to see her eyes open and that the surgery was successful. He didn't charge me a dime. He said today was no charge cos we have been through a bunch n what he did took no time at all. Mommy can sleep tonite! :D
You are doing a great job!

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
This thread has a great title. Be horrible if we had anal glands. I cant imagine having to go to the doctor to get expressed every other month. I suppose tho that you could have your wife or kids do it for you. :nice:
lmbo! I was actually making a joke about the horrors of us having them to the vet! Haha! I don't care how much experience you have...i don't care how full they are..get that finger away from me! :cursing:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
lmbo! I was actually making a joke about the horrors of us having them to the vet! Haha! I don't care how much experience you have...i don't care how full they are..get that finger away from me! :cursing:
Hahahahaha :D

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Oh my tail pocket?? Ima have to look for the article on cleaning this out. Never heard of such a thing... Research mode starting!
starting research also I thought I was cleaning it well but I might not have been and just thought I was...I have baby powder at the moment but tomorrow its straight to the pharmacy to get my bully first aid kit together as well as cleaning kit. I hope I have been cleaning Sheldons well.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Ok..we are back to defcon 1 ..lol I took her to her vet..I love this new vet! He looked, showed me exactly where her tail pocket is - which he said she really doesn't have one but showed me each side of her tail and where what little she id have was. He said I was doing a good job keeping it clean. The brown stuff was her anal gland gunk.why it was under her tail tho I've no idea. He said the glands did appear full so he expressed them. He showed me how to do it if I ever wanted or needed to do it in the future as well. They washed her butt and sprayed some stuff and there is no more foul smell. Thank goodness it wasn't anything more. The vet was also so happy to see her eyes open and that the surgery was successful. He didn't charge me a dime. He said today was no charge cos we have been through a bunch n what he did took no time at all. Mommy can sleep tonite! :D

So super glad Brie is doing better!!!

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online