Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 40

Thread: Foul stinky rear

  1. #25
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Foul stinky rear

    Wow awesome vet!


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  2. #26
    Newbie Cinder79's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cindy
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gus
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Foul stinky rear

    Another way to get the powder up there is to use a plastic ketchup or mustard dispenser. Get them from the dollar store in a two pack.
    Cindy
    "Up In Northern Michigan"
    Bully Momma to Gus
    In Memory of Mack, Louie and Millie....my bullies at the Bridge.

  3. #27
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Location
    The Crown City (Pasadena)
    Posts
    9,013
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    1479
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: Foul stinky rear

    @Lisabear123, i'm glad to hear that Brie's improving on both ends! and that your vet seems like a great person too.

    I only started cleaning out Finn's tail pocket myself b/c i didn't think he had a "pocket" (unlike Tate's deep one). BUT, when you dig in there, he actually does, and the stuff that came out was not very pretty either.

    Hope you get some rest for yourself for the remainder of the day...you deserve a little break with all that's going on!




  4. #28
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Foul stinky rear

    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogMoma View Post
    Could it possibly be her anal glands? That is one awful smell!
    That's what I am thinking. Anal glands have like an oily, fishy smell. If you haven't had them expressed, ask the vet to try tomorrow and see if they r empty or full. Can't help on the tail pocket, we have been fortunate enough to have a good clean one on cutty and mii doesn't have one since she has a regular tail.

  5. #29
    Dog Park Attendant TomVan's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tom Vandiver
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    463
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bailey & Zoey
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Foul stinky rear

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    Ok..we are back to defcon 1 ..lol I took her to her vet..I love this new vet! He looked, showed me exactly where her tail pocket is - which he said she really doesn't have one but showed me each side of her tail and where what little she id have was. He said I was doing a good job keeping it clean. The brown stuff was her anal gland gunk.why it was under her tail tho I've no idea. He said the glands did appear full so he expressed them. He showed me how to do it if I ever wanted or needed to do it in the future as well. They washed her butt and sprayed some stuff and there is no more foul smell. Thank goodness it wasn't anything more. The vet was also so happy to see her eyes open and that the surgery was successful. He didn't charge me a dime. He said today was no charge cos we have been through a bunch n what he did took no time at all. Mommy can sleep tonite!
    Excellant!
    Every once in a while a dog enters your life and changes everything.


  6. #30
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Foul stinky rear

    This thread has a great title. Be horrible if we had anal glands. I cant imagine having to go to the doctor to get expressed every other month. I suppose tho that you could have your wife or kids do it for you.

  7. #31
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,726
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5576

    Default Re: Foul stinky rear

    Thank goodness... Poor Brie! Well I'm glad you found a great vet ; )


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  8. #32
    The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    dalmatina38's Avatar
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Location
    Sierra Vista Arizona
    Posts
    1,160
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)
    190

    Default Re: Foul stinky rear

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Good Grief... I need the link to the video of how to clean the tail pocket?!! And speaking of which... someone should put a video of using a bulb syringe to put powder up there!!! That would be a HOOT!!!
    Well now. This was my own invention; you pour the powder on a plate and squeeze out the air. Stuff the end of the bulb syringe into the pile of powder and it will suck it up into the bulb. Squeeze out the air again until you get in about half way full of the powder, then stick the end of the bulb in as far as you can and under the tail into the pocket and squeeze it, the powder will distribute and does so rather evenly. I squeeze it two or three times under the tail. Afterwards my girls run around like they just had a quick breeze go flying by, I think it feels good. Neither of them runs from me when i am cleaning the tail pocket but let them see me with the cotton balls for the face wrinkles and they run for the hills.

  9. #33
    Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    831
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Foul stinky rear

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    Ok..we are back to defcon 1 ..lol I took her to her vet..I love this new vet! He looked, showed me exactly where her tail pocket is - which he said she really doesn't have one but showed me each side of her tail and where what little she id have was. He said I was doing a good job keeping it clean. The brown stuff was her anal gland gunk.why it was under her tail tho I've no idea. He said the glands did appear full so he expressed them. He showed me how to do it if I ever wanted or needed to do it in the future as well. They washed her butt and sprayed some stuff and there is no more foul smell. Thank goodness it wasn't anything more. The vet was also so happy to see her eyes open and that the surgery was successful. He didn't charge me a dime. He said today was no charge cos we have been through a bunch n what he did took no time at all. Mommy can sleep tonite!
    You are doing a great job!
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

  10. #34
    Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    831
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Foul stinky rear

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Good Grief... I need the link to the video of how to clean the tail pocket?!! And speaking of which... someone should put a video of using a bulb syringe to put powder up there!!! That would be a HOOT!!!
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/co...kets-and-Vulva
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

  11. #35
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Lisabear123's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Gainesville, Ga
    Posts
    2,454
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Foul stinky rear

    Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    This thread has a great title. Be horrible if we had anal glands. I cant imagine having to go to the doctor to get expressed every other month. I suppose tho that you could have your wife or kids do it for you.
    lmbo! I was actually making a joke about the horrors of us having them to the vet! Haha! I don't care how much experience you have...i don't care how full they are..get that finger away from me!

  12. #36
    Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    831
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Foul stinky rear

    Quote Originally Posted by emilymtz86 View Post
    Oh my tail pocket?? Ima have to look for the article on cleaning this out. Never heard of such a thing... Research mode starting!
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/co...kets-and-Vulva
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •