Rubbing her face on the carpet?

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
Maggie has recently started rubbing her face all over the carpet and couch? It's very funny and cute but its weird. I checked her little wrinkles and they're clean and dandy. Not sure what it could be. Maybe I'm paranoid but I thought I'd see if anyone else experienced this? Thanks for reading!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo did this some months ago when he had ear trouble. He was also pawing at his ears.

Bea does it very infrequently --- it seems, just to scratch her face.

I would just watch her closely and see if it gets worse.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea has done this a few times. No yeast on her face and her ears are clean so we think she is just using it as a way to get at an itch quickly. Definitely keep a close eye on it if she is doing it frequently.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Both of my bullies have done this, and unfortunately they ended up scratching their eyes. I think my dogs were doing it because of allergies... I would keep an eye on her :whistle:

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I agree with the others, I would keep an eye on it and see if it continues. Even if you think the face is very clean and don't notice a smell, that doesn't mean there isn't any yeast there to cause an itch. Tonka does this frequently but he's got bad allergies and will do it even if his wrinkles are clean. So it could potentially be allergies.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Maggie has recently started rubbing her face all over the carpet and couch? It's very funny and cute but its weird. I checked her little wrinkles and they're clean and dandy. Not sure what it could be. Maybe I'm paranoid but I thought I'd see if anyone else experienced this? Thanks for reading!

Does she does this after any certain type of activity? My two do this after spending a LOT of time nawling on a bone or toy -- they will rub their face on the carpet, couch or grass in the yard.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Funny you posted this b/c I was going to ask the forum if their bully did this as well. Tate has a bad habit of rubbing his entire face into my sofa after each meal! Even though I make sure to wipe his face clean after he eats, he will still proceed onto the sofa, then bury and rub his face into all the cushions. Drives me nuts. It's like his post-meal ritual or something.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon does this after he eats as well, which is why we switched to salmon oil pills because he would stink up the entire house. [MENTION=9414]alyssahope[/MENTION] you could try giving her benedryl if you think it allergy related and see if she stops doing it as much. The dosage is on MG/LB so if she is 50lbs you can give her two pills 8 hrs apart twice a day and see if she stops doing it so much.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.