update!!on chunk

nikedunks00

Feb 21, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
chunk
So it was confirmed it was a hotspot and since then it has gotten bitterer
Better only thing I notice is that he trends to scratch and reopen the wound not sure what to do about
That will past pics of the progress

update!!!

so at the time of the vet visit where i was told he had a hotspot i was on vacation with family so couldn't go to my vet. it seems the spot never cleared and weeks went by so when i got home i went to my normal vet and he told me he chunk had demodex mange he gave me ivermectin and a antibiotic for the wound he seems to be doing better the only thing is that what can i do to help with the missing hair is their anything i can give him to help with the missing hair? any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
You can spray him with some Lanacain like I did with Tankers hot spot or use some cortisone cream. Oh and putting socks on his feet will help too :)

Glad he is getting better

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Can you put a tshirt on him to cover the spot?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
N

nikedunks00

Feb 21, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
chunk
20130724_133531.jpg20130724_133528.jpg

here are the pics of the scrathing

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
View attachment 49519View attachment 49520

here are the pics it was getting better but he scratched it any help would be appreaciated

Here's my advice , keep him out of any heat for more than a potty break, give him a bath with a mix of Original Dawn, (blue) and hydrogen peroxide mixed together in a t-cup , rinse really good, this should dry things out and not irritate. keep on Benedryl 2 tablets every 6 hours, no more than 3 times a day. wrap up in some meat or peanut butter, 1 vitamin C and 1 Zinc tablet given at meal time once a day. After day two, apply hydrogen peroxide with cotton ball really good. It will turn white from cooking out the infection or hot spot. Do this once a day until gone. Works for us

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Ouch that does not look comfortable at all, I think you have some great advise from Sherry on this one. If he will tolerate a t-shirt I would do that too so he can't scratch it more.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i missed this but i hope it is healing up now. hot spots as they heal will itch alot as i found out with sarah. give benadryl and put hydrocorisone on it for the itching. it only itches for a couple days then it stops as it heals. you can also use hibiclenz on it but sherry has you covered. there is a sticky at the top of this section called hotspots the bad and the ugly of it which has alot of info in it about them.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.