Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Reaction to shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    Heather please read my thread about chumleys rabies shot reaction. He's had some side effects from his 3 yr rabies shot also. There were a lot of great suggestions from other members here. I will also pm you.
    @HeatherTaylor @desertskybulldogs @Sherry @Davidh...

Heather, I am anxious to hear if you were able to take Bandit in and/or what was said & done for him.

Jim, how's Chumley doing...I've done research this week and I'm going to rec'comend for you & Heather
    to seek out a homeopathic vet and have them use their types of natural herbs, etc to treat these reactions
    and to detox their bodies...conventional vets don't offer much other than steroids and 'wait n see'. While
    there are 'bad' homeopathic vets too, I can provide links to those in your areas on 'tried & true' ones, if
    need be...just let me know.

My prayers are surrounding y'all and your precious bullies, as others here are praying too. These vets and
    these damaging vaccines & non core vaccines like the Lepto, Heather's bully received, AT THE SAME TIME
    as the Rabies, two of the 'most likely to cause reactions' and then DENY the dog/cat's reactions is from
    the vaccines given...has got to STOP!

Newbies...EDUCATE yourselves then spread the word...bad Vets & their bad meds can and will, harm and
    kill your animals and many times are not doing WHAT IS BEST for our babies but what puts the most $$$'s
    in their pockets. I am so sickened & enraged...I don't know what to do...but I'm going to further explore
    their only true help, it seems, from homeopathic, herbal medicines. Conventional Vets don't seem to have
    anything effective moreover will NEVER admit the cause...in the 1st place! GOD bless all here today.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

@HeatherTaylor was the vet able to determine anything?

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    @HeatherTaylor @desertskybulldogs @Sherry @Davidh...

Heather, I am anxious to hear if you were able to take Bandit in and/or what was said & done for him.

Jim, how's Chumley doing...I've done research this week and I'm going to rec'comend for you & Heather
    to seek out a homeopathic vet and have them use their types of natural herbs, etc to treat these reactions
    and to detox their bodies...conventional vets don't offer much other than steroids and 'wait n see'. While
    there are 'bad' homeopathic vets too, I can provide links to those in your areas on 'tried & true' ones, if
    need be...just let me know.

My prayers are surrounding y'all and your precious bullies, as others here are praying too. These vets and
    these damaging vaccines & non core vaccines like the Lepto, Heather's bully received, AT THE SAME TIME
    as the Rabies, two of the 'most likely to cause reactions' and then DENY the dog/cat's reactions is from
    the vaccines given...has got to STOP!

Newbies...EDUCATE yourselves then spread the word...bad Vets & their bad meds can and will, harm and
    kill your animals and many times are not doing WHAT IS BEST for our babies but what puts the most $$$'s
    in their pockets. I am so sickened & enraged...I don't know what to do...but I'm going to further explore
    their only true help, it seems, from homeopathic, herbal medicines. Conventional Vets don't seem to have
    anything effective moreover will NEVER admit the cause...in the 1st place! GOD bless all here today.
    So true Carol. I am in the market for a new vet after what we've been through the last month. Chumleys condition has cleared up tremendously over the last few weeks but the vet still attributes it to normal allergies. He refuses to admit it all started the day after the rabies shot. We've just finished two rounds of antibiotics and a week of prednisone. The vet advised me to completely stop any chicken beef or grains so we can identify what hes allergic to. I argued that he was on Natural Balance grain free sweet potato and venison for 2 yrs without a problem and had no reactions whatsoever when he ate chicken or beef..now all of a sudden the day after his shots he's allergic to certain food? Everything happened after the shot..and it may be he's allergic to certain things now but I believe its only because his immune system is weak due to the shots. The vet refuses to attribute anything to the unnecessary shot. If you do have any recommendations in my area for a homeopathic vet Im all ears Carol. Thanks.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

What is the lepto shot for? I live in northern NJ and we are loaded up with wildlife and I've never heard of that vaccine before.

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    What is the lepto shot for? I live in northern NJ and we are loaded up with wildlife and I've never heard of that vaccine before.
    It is a bacteria that can cause liver and kidney failure, it can effect the spleen, eyes, nervous system in dogs. It is usually spread by contact with urine from wildlife and in bodies of water. People can catch it from their pets. If you type canine leptospirosis map into your search engine and look under images you will find a map of the US (ten years old) that shows where lepto is found.
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bandit and Kozmo Monster
    Likes (Received)

I took Bandit to the vet yesterday evening. I explained everything that had happened since the shots but they still dont think it is because of the shots. Other than the swelling he had on his hip that is gone now. They gave him a pretty thorough physical exam and did blood work and urinalysis. Everything has come back clean but Bandit is still not acting right. He definitely doesn't feel good, threw up once and refuses to go outside which is very unlike him. I really don't know what to do now. the vet I go to I have always been very happy with. They saved my first bully boy. I feel terrible that I don't seem to be able to help bandit get over whatever is going on with him and of course I am worried sick about him.

Heather, Bandit and the Kozmo Monster
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry you did not get any help Heather. It is not unusual for vets to deny that vaccinations will trigger these responses. The two vaccinations Bandit was given have the highest amount of side effects of all the vaccines on the market. They should have been given 3 to 4 weeks apart. Unfortunately your vet did what most vets do to save time and money is he gave them both at once. Bandit was one of the unlucky few to have a severe reaction. You might want to look up rabies miasm there is an article in Dogs Naturally magazine that explains what holistic vets do to treat vaccination reactions. There is a DVM in Bel Air Tiekert, Carvel DVM - American Holistic Vet Med Association. I just found in the yellow pages no recommendation that I think is near you. Take care of each other and you will make it through this.
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bandit and Kozmo Monster
    Likes (Received)

Thank you. Unfortunately we are back at the vet this morning. He has now developed diarrhea and started to break out in hives. I gave him two benadryl and ran here to the bet. I am now waiting to hear what they think now. I am so upset. Thank you all for your recommendations and support.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

@HeatherTaylor you may want to get a second opinion from another vet, the reason I say that is because if doubling up on the shots is causing this the vet who did that may not want to admit it.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh geez this breaks my heart, I was hoping he was on the mend. . Please keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I have nothing to add that other haven't already stated, but we are sending thoughts and prayers your way for a speedy recovery and true identification of the cause of your problems.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherTaylor View Post
    Thank you. Unfortunately we are back at the vet this morning. He has now developed diarrhea and started to break out in hives. I gave him two benadryl and ran here to the bet. I am now waiting to hear what they think now. I am so upset. Thank you all for your recommendations and support.

Prayers and positive thoughts that Bandit is recovering. Please keep us posted
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads