Normal teeth?

benjibabies3

May 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy and Dozer
This is our 5 month old, Dozers teeth. It looks like he has a second row of teeth behind his top ones. Is this normal? Do they need to be removed?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 221

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
This is our 5 month old, Dozers teeth. It looks like he has a second row of teeth behind his top ones. Is this normal? Do they need to be removed?

ahh i think a couple of members here have bullies with a random tooth behind the first set, add far as i know, they don't need removed.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh yeah that's normal for some and I was worried at first. My Emma has Shark teeth, top and bottoms. She had two extras on the top and one was pulled when she was spayed. Two of her bottoms are set back making them seem like a double row. Together top and bottom she tears my pitty Jack up when they play (he's very thinned haired). Search for "shark teeth" and some threads will come up. :up:

Here's her top teeth. image.jpg

:welcome: to EBN too. :D

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
My Daisy is also 5 months & has 2 "extra" teeth on top. I asked the vet & she said it's pretty common. She said I'm lucky at least they are straight & make a nice double row!

OP
benjibabies3

benjibabies3

May 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sassy and Dozer
Thank you all so much! I greatly appreciate your knowledge and sharing your experiences. You've made my mind settle and I'm not as worried as I was when we first found these teeth earlier today.
I'm so grateful for having found this forum with such a wonderful full group of people.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
LOL I had the same question a few months ago Fergus had 2 rows like a land shark but eventually his puppy teeth fell out. Jeannieco was nice enough to explain the land shark teeth some bullies can have :). Like we dont suffer enough with one row of teeth when they are puppies :blink:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Agreed like a certain [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] avatar.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Bo has this second row of top teeth also. Vet says its fine like everyone else has :) We think he's a baby shark, lol. I have noticed that Bo's bottom teeth in the front that stick out of his mouth ( you the ones they all have) don't protrude from his gum line like other bullies' do. They just stick out a tiny bit of the gum. Any thoughts on that???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Bo has this second row of top teeth also. Vet says its fine like everyone else has :) We think he's a baby shark, lol. I have noticed that Bo's bottom teeth in the front that stick out of his mouth ( you the ones they all have) don't protrude from his gum line like other bullies' do. They just stick out a tiny bit of the gum. Any thoughts on that???

I also was hoping for at least one toothie but Fergus also has 2 front tooth that stick out just a bit IMG_0041.jpgIMG_0642.jpg like Bo. I was told by the breeder and also researching online that is a breed standard vs the cute teeth poking out.

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
I also was hoping for at least one toothie but Fergus also has 2 front tooth that stick out just a bit View attachment 49591View attachment 49592 like Bo. I was told by the breeder and also researching online that is a breed standard vs the cute teeth poking out.

See how your baby's bottom little teeth are protruding from the gum more and are more visible? Bo's bottom teeth just barely are out of the gum. He has the large bottom incisors (I think that's the name) that are definitely visible. Guess he just has little bottom center teeth, lol. Here's some pics.
qaru4ymy.jpg

ysy6aqat.jpg
ry8avydu.jpg

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Bo is sooo darn cute! Oh I see his two front tooth are small. I think that is normal Fergus two front is pretty tiny too. I love Bo's toothies :heart: Boy bullies do have some jacked up teeth lol it only adds to their cuteness :yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.