Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Kills me everytime I hear your story Carol. Arms around you my dear.

How is Camy? It sounds like you're completely in love with her. I'm so pleased. Gloria

Thank you, Gloria, for your good thoughts & your hug, feels wonderful! Hugs right back at ya...
:hug:

I tell my stories so often because I hope to help someone needing the knowledge and not to be a
downer or need to be pitied. There are many who've survived things that make my stuff look like
nothing! I can't begin to imagine HOW they cope or continue onward, I really don't.

Cami is just wonderful in every way and you are right~I'm madly in love with her! In this past month,
our 4th, she's even fallen in love with me so we are finally settling in to a mutually appreciative life,
together. Unlike Brutus, who came from 4 years of being passed around & loved me instantly (and I
him) Cami came from a loving home & due to unwanted changes in life had to be put up for adoption.
They were very concerned about her & I was very lucky to be chosen by them, a big factor was, I am
home all the time. Cami missed them so much and missed their 5 y/o son & her younger bully brother.
She was visibly depressed and was reserved (adored my son tho) but very sweet, always. I only just
realized I was guarding my heart, like Cami was and so fixed that immediately and WOW...I say to all,
​open those hearts, put away fear and LIVE LIFE! Hope you & yours are well and blessed, Gloria.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So happy that all went well! Speedy recovery!

OP
xtina615

xtina615

May 31, 2013
Nashville, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky / Chunk / Chunky Butt
Love 'the Chunkster' and thank you for the video, he looks great!

Will keep him in my prayers for a great & speedy recovery...a lot at once
but so wonderful no more anesthesia, so dangerous for our babies.

I lost my wonderful and first bully, Brutus, from anesthesia, it caused an
irregular heat beat and they'd already put him in the back because every
thing looked fine and so did he. They called to tell me I could pick him up.
Fifteen minutes later, they called, he was gone. We picked him up & buried
him beneath a tree underneath my bedroom window. He died 7 mo's after
adopting him and 5 months after my dear husband died at 52/y/o.

I'm always so happy when bullies come thru needed surgeries, healthy & well.
GOD bless!

Carol,

Your story just breaks my heart. I can't imagine all that you endured in such a short amount of time. I am SO happy to hear that you have a sweet little partner to share life with now. I pray that she lives a very long, healthy life! Thank you so much for your well wishes- it means a lot.

OP
xtina615

xtina615

May 31, 2013
Nashville, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky / Chunk / Chunky Butt
Hey everyone!

Here is an update on our sweet Chunky.....
The first night home he was so groggy, but he did so good! Never once acting like he was in pain, or anything. That night he had 2 accidents in the house (peeing), which never ever happens, so I knew it was due to the sedation and all of the fluids they had pumped in him that day. I got up a few times to make sure he was still breathing- I was a nervous wreck- but he did great!

Yesterday, I kept him separated from our other 2 dogs, just b/c they are all use to playing a lot, and I want to make sure he doesn't over exert himself. He is on a strong antibiotic (cefpodoxime) and I'm continuing to give him tramadol twice/day. He is eating really, really well, but I'm having to feed him very slowly (due to the palate surgery), which makes him SO mad! LOL...he's use to gobbling it all up in about 2 seconds. His tail area is painful to look at, but he doesn't seem to mind all that much. He still has a cute little wiggle to his walk, and is being precious. He slept most of the day, and had a restful night.

This morning when I got everyone up, his cherry eye had popped back up again. :cry:
I have called the vet to try and figure out what we should do, but I'm pretty upset about it. It was NOT cheap, and to only hold for 1.5 days?!?! The vet did mention that it may not be a permanent fix, but I at least thought we'd get a good 2-3 years out of it....he said if it didn't hold up, then they would probably just have to remove it. Anyone have thoughts or recommendations on this? Anyone experienced something similar?
His other surgeries are good- he doesn't have any swelling with his neuter, his tail/bottom is a little pitiful, but there's no drainage or blood- I think it's going to heal nicely. And it's hard to tell how his palate is doing- but he's eating well and drinking well.

Thanks again for all of your well wishes. It sure is nice to have this place for support!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Aww sweetie, what a brave boy - hope he is even better today! Speedy recovery.....

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Hey everyone!

Here is an update on our sweet Chunky.....
The first night home he was so groggy, but he did so good! Never once acting like he was in pain, or anything. That night he had 2 accidents in the house (peeing), which never ever happens, so I knew it was due to the sedation and all of the fluids they had pumped in him that day. I got up a few times to make sure he was still breathing- I was a nervous wreck- but he did great!

Yesterday, I kept him separated from our other 2 dogs, just b/c they are all use to playing a lot, and I want to make sure he doesn't over exert himself. He is on a strong antibiotic (cefpodoxime) and I'm continuing to give him tramadol twice/day. He is eating really, really well, but I'm having to feed him very slowly (due to the palate surgery), which makes him SO mad! LOL...he's use to gobbling it all up in about 2 seconds. His tail area is painful to look at, but he doesn't seem to mind all that much. He still has a cute little wiggle to his walk, and is being precious. He slept most of the day, and had a restful night.

This morning when I got everyone up, his cherry eye had popped back up again. :cry:
I have called the vet to try and figure out what we should do, but I'm pretty upset about it. It was NOT cheap, and to only hold for 1.5 days?!?! The vet did mention that it may not be a permanent fix, but I at least thought we'd get a good 2-3 years out of it....he said if it didn't hold up, then they would probably just have to remove it. Anyone have thoughts or recommendations on this? Anyone experienced something similar?
His other surgeries are good- he doesn't have any swelling with his neuter, his tail/bottom is a little pitiful, but there's no drainage or blood- I think it's going to heal nicely. And it's hard to tell how his palate is doing- but he's eating well and drinking well.

Thanks again for all of your well wishes. It sure is nice to have this place for support!

Glad to see your update, sounds like he's doing extremely well. Thats too bad about the cherry eye, my vet wouldnt even do the stitch down method because he said it wouldnt hold, we had both of Otis's removed and he had had no problems ever since, no dry eye or anything.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Sorry to hear about his cherry eye popping back out. I know there are a lot of people on here that have had them removed, some use drops others don't have to.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.