Real Name
    Marissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Derby
    Likes (Received)

Default Pink hairless bump on neck

Last night I was petting Derby and felt a bump on the back of her neck, so I of course started poking around. I saw that at the top of the bump where the hair was growing from it there were little brown circles or flakes attached to the hair (Iím wondering now if it was pieces of a scab or something like that). At the time, though, I knew we saw a tick jump on her last week and I think we got it off of her before it ever grabbed on, but I was worried it was a tick so I started picking at it (which I now donít think I should have done since it wasnít a tickÖ). The bump got down to a little, hairless pink circle, with a tiny white dot in the middle. It doesnít protrude from her skin as much now. She has been outside, so I kind of wonder if it could be a bug bite. She has also been playing rough with my mom's dog, so she could also have gotten a scratch or something. I didnít know what to do last night, though, and since I had been picking at it I put Neosporin on it because I was afraid I got it dirty. This is what it looks like now, though. I think you can see there are some darker brown, rough spots in the middle of it, and Iím wondering if itís an infection or itís starting to scab. Do you guys have any ideas of something I could do for it at home, or do I just need to take her to the vet now even though she only has this one spot and is acting normal? This sounds bad, but we have insurance for her, but until August 3rd anything she goes in for will forever be considered a pre-existing problem and they wonít ever cover it. Obviously if we need to I will take her to the vet, Iím just wondering if there are any at home things I can try firstÖ :/ What do you guys think?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0002 2.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	49235This is just pulling the fur back a little -img_0001-2-jpgIf you look at it from straight on it isn't super
    noticeable
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	49236And here's a picture with flash that might make it look a little worse than it is, but you can see the rough patch in the center.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pink hairless bump on neck

I would try just cleaning it up with a little warm water, then some peroxide, and put some neosporin on it. Then just keep an eye on it for a few days, hopefully it just clears itself up. If you see it getting bigger I would definitely go see your vet.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

It does look like a 'canine' scratch ... Cheli and Banks get each other all the time and sometimes it is worse than a scratch. Clean it as Pete suggested and put neosporian on it
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Marissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Derby
    Likes (Received)

Thank you so much for the advice. I put peroxide and neosporin on it and am keeping an eye on it. She's definitely been rough housing a lot so I would love it if it's just a scratch. The only thing I wonder about is why there was still hair on it, but it had little brown specs and all fell out when I started messing with it.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Cool, hopefully it heals up nice and Derby will be keyed up for some more bully play time.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Derby View Post
    Thank you so much for the advice. I put peroxide and neosporin on it and am keeping an eye on it. She's definitely been rough housing a lot so I would love it if it's just a scratch. The only thing I wonder about is why there was still hair on it, but it had little brown specs and all fell out when I started messing with it.
    I'm thinking it ws the scab... like you stated. How does it look today
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads