Weird skin thing on Tank

Iveski

Dec 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I noticed these scabs and redness on his rear end on Saturday. There is no hair loss. Tank has been eating normally. He did have a major diarrhea escapade on Thursday night(splatter and all!!), by Friday night with some pumpkin his poop was back to normal. I work nights, so my wife tells me Tank loves to hang in the kitchen while my wife is cooking. She thinks he might've eaten stuff he wasn't suppose to eat, probably caused the runs! My question is: would've him eating something like onions, peppers cause the redness of the skin like this? I will be taking him to vet tomorrow, but I trust this forum, just wanted to listen what people had to say or seen this b4
munu8etu.jpg
5y9adepa.jpg
tu2ytute.jpg
a7ypesej.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Way better people on here than me who will be along to give their thoughts, I'm sure, but that almost looks like a rash to me...

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I would try giving him benedryl and see if it goes down, it looks like an allergic reaction to me. Is he scratching or does he seem to have any discomfort?

OP
Iveski

Iveski

Dec 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I would try giving him benedryl and see if it goes down, it looks like an allergic reaction to me. Is he scratching or does he seem to have any discomfort?

I started benedryl yesterday. I notice him licking his back paw today also. How much doses should I be giving him a day? Yesterday I only gave him one dose. And only 5mL.
He his discomforted, sometimes he looks around like someone just touched his behind, like he seeing ghost...I just think it's that his behind is itchy.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
It does look like a reaction to something....you can give 1 pill (25 mg) per 25 lbs. So Vegas weighs 58 lbs and he can have two, I deal with these break outs all the time, he has severe environmental allergies (and food) and you can give them every 8 hours. So when Vegas has a breakout he can get two in the morning and two at night. It does help with the itchies and helps with the redness, but it does make him extra sleepy and thirsty.

OP
Iveski

Iveski

Dec 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
It does look like a reaction to something....you can give 1 pill (25 mg) per 25 lbs. So Vegas weighs 58 lbs and he can have two, I deal with these break outs all the time, he has severe environmental allergies (and food) and you can give them every 8 hours. So when Vegas has a breakout he can get two in the morning and two at night. It does help with the itchies and helps with the redness, but it does make him extra sleepy and thirsty.

Thanks. I bought liquid children's benedryl. Lol. I wasn't sure which one to buy. Since tank is the same weight as my 6 year old (52lbs) lol. I'll get the pills tomorrow.
His food is Fromms surf & turf.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It almost looks like a contact reaction from a sitting position. This happened to me once when I scrubbed their crate bottom with bleach spray (soft scrub with bleach spray) and did not rinse it enough.. Apparently. Looked exactly like that. All I did was wash her bottom and of course then clean her tray, and kept her off of it for a few days except to sleep at night.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
That's a good food, but yes I would buy the pills and give him full strength until he is not itching so much. If you have a Walmart close to you, you can get a bottle of 100 25 mg. for $4.00. Tank can have two at his weight. Again it might make him a little more sleepy, but at least he will be comfortable and not itchy.

OP
Iveski

Iveski

Dec 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thanks for all the help everyone, I'll keep u posted
Thinking about what desert just said about the crate cleaning. The night he had the bad diarrhea I did clean the crate tray with a cleaner, that might be the culprit. He has been sleeping in the crate with a small pillow, so he's had lots of contact with the crate tray. Thanks again for the help

Last edited:

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Thanks for all the help everyone, I'll keep u posted
Thinking about what desert just said about the crate cleaning. The night he had the bad diarrhea I did clean the crate tray with a cleaner, that might be the culprit. He has been sleeping in the crate with a small pillow, so he's had lots of contact with the crate tray. Thanks again for the help

This happened to me once as well. When we moved to our new house I started using a swiffer wet jet on the tile floor and Mack broke out terribly. Since then I use vinegar and dish soap on the floors and haven't had that problem since. See if benadryl helps and rinse his crate test really well. Also have you recently washed the pillow? My roommates boxer gets hives from my laundry soap when he sleeps on my bed or towel or clothes...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Iveski

Iveski

Dec 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
This happened to me once as well. When we moved to our new house I started using a swiffer wet jet on the tile floor and Mack broke out terribly. Since then I use vinegar and dish soap on the floors and haven't had that problem since. See if benadryl helps and rinse his crate test really well. Also have you recently washed the pillow? My roommates boxer gets hives from my laundry soap when he sleeps on my bed or towel or clothes...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Yes Noyes I recently also washed his pillows & my wife uses the swiffer (cuz all of the dog hair! Lol). Guess I'll have to start making some changes. Thanks

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Yes Noyes I recently also washed his pillows & my wife uses the swiffer (cuz all of the dog hair! Lol). Guess I'll have to start making some changes. Thanks

If you have hard wood floors you can use the Bona hardwood floor cleaner, I use it all the time and it doesn't bother Bacon at all. That's not to say I'm guaranteeing it won't affect your bullies being that they are all different.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
perhaps giving him a bath to get whatever it is off of him or at least bathe his back end. if he is itchy you can put some hydrocortisone cream on it.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Another option you can use is a 70% isopropyl alcohol and water solution if you have tile or laminate floors heck even crate floors. It cleans, disinfects and dries quickly. I wouldn't recommend it for true hard wood floors as too much can start to remove the finish.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.