It is time...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I didn't think to much of this and just did it until the Vets started doing babies!!!

I started researching this issue and I had stray dogs come up that were older
and not neutered but had no bad behavior so I didn't neuter them...no problems!

Cami is 5/yo and I'm going to spay her to spare her going thru heat cycles. She
came here 4 months ago unspayed and in heat so I've had to wait.

Humping is not always a hormonal thing.

If going to spay or neuter, I would wait until they have achieved full growth of
skeletal & hormonal needs, about 18 months for bullies. Or some problem unable
to solve and life is miserable. If it's just humping, try to solve that before you pay
and go thru unnessacery surgery. Just my opinion...GOD bless & good luck!
Carol you are so wonderful for taking Cami into your home. She's such a lucky girl.:D:D

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chumley has never been neutered. He will be 3 in November. I intended to do it but kept procrastinating. He has no aggression issues and doesn't hump anybody or anything. I guess I just don't want to risk anything going wrong because there's always that chance with any surgery or anesthesia. My wife would like us to do it but that's only because she doesn't like walking into the room and seeing this: nuts.jpgIf I did it to him I could never look him in the eyes again!

Last edited:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
253289_10151691503891979_1146084408_n.jpg
Chumley has never been neutered. He will be 3 in November. I intended to do it but kept procrastinating. He has no aggression issues and doesn't hump anybody or anything. I guess I just don't want to risk anything going wrong because there's always that chance with any surgery or anesthesia. My wife would like us to do it but that's only because she doesn't like walking into the room and seeing this: View attachment 49497If I did it to him I could never look him in the eyes again!
You can tell your wife that even afterward there is still a bean bag it just has no beans in it. And the lipstick doesn't go away either after they get neutered, it still comes out for your viewing pleasure on occasion. Here is a post-op shot

Last edited:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
can you see the pic I posted ? It just says [replacer] when I look at the thread. How old was Bacon when you neutered him?

HandsomeUlysses

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Can I ask everyone how long the recovery time is? Also our vet is 2 blocks away from home. Will Ulysses be okay to walk home? Anything else I need to do for him when he comes home?

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Forde was done at 6 mths.........i saw no difference at all.....the only thing he ever humped and still does is his bed and thats not often only after i wash it , its like he's reclaiming it back lol.....it's so funny to watch.....:)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I have absolutely nothing to contribute except good luck. We had Sheldon fixed because the vet said he would be healthier but we also have a little female tea-cup yorkie that lives with us that belongs to my mother in law and she isn't spay and we didn't want Sheldon to hurt her when she came in heat, we live with my mother in law so we had to get Sheldon fixed if it weren't for that I don't know for sure but I don't think we would have had him fixed.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.