Rash in private parts

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Hey Bully friends!
It's been a long time since I posted I know, I know, I am sorry. I know how much you guys miss hearing about Uni and Boadie. :yes: I have a quick question about what to do about this rash I found by Uni's private parts. I noticed her rocking back and forth, trying to scratch, so I investigated. I snapped a pic, easier that describing. Sorry for the graphic nature of the photo. :ashamed:

What can I put on there to ease the itching and help it heal? Should I use destin or hydrocortisone cream? I have both of those on hand. I washed is with warm water and a soft cloth. It seams to be n the edge of her you know what, towards her belly.

IMG_1166[1].jpg

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Have you ever tried Mal-A-Ket ......Look on Amazon. I use it on my Cadi, she also had a rash there.... and it works.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yep agree with mom2bullies anything malacetic is good, douxo, but that cortisone cream should help if you don't have those on hand. And benedryl 1mg per pound :)

Glad you came back, hope to see you more!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Good advice on the wipes and the Benadryl. I personally don't use the wipes but I've seen minor rashes on my bullies' "undercarriages" and I usually treat with a mild wash and some Benadryl and go from there. If you see your bully itching it or more irritation, it might be time to take a closer look at the vet to see if it's something more than a simple rash and not an infection of some kind.

OP
mendomama

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Thanks! I do have Mal-a-ket but I thought it would be to harsh for that area. I washed with it and put a dab of cortisone cream. I'm all out of benadryl it has been a allergic year, Boadie has had a rash on his tummy too off and on for most of the spring and summer. Looks like I need run to the store for some.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This happens with Banks a lot too... she has belly rolls -- clean with baby wipe and sprinkle some GoldBond powder to help keep it dry

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
forde gets a rash when he goes out in the grass......it's not raised at all...just blotchy looking...my breeder told me when this happens to spray his little belly with listerine....which i do and the rash is gone quickly....im guessing alot of it depends on what the rash is caused by also.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I wipe Ace down every night with a damp cloth. His face wrinkles, his ears and his undercarriage. Sometimes he gets a little pink underneath and if the damp cloth doesn't help on occasion I use some witch hazel as well. I use to use witch hazel nightly but was cautioned in this forum to only use it occasionally to lessen the chance of drying the skin out too much. I also will use a little hydrocortisone cream at times if the other methods I use don't quiet the redness down. I only use it on the inside of the legs, the belly and his scrotum. I think alot of this redness for Ace come from being outside and laying around and belly crawling in the grass.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.