Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow I never knew that about sour kraut!! Learn something new everyday on here!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Wow I never knew that about sour kraut!! Learn something new everyday on here!

I thought I'd mentioned that before? Sorry if I didn't. It was on my list of things to post about, I thought I'd crossed that off the list. Otis LOVES it! It's best if you make it yourself but buying the kind from the refrigerator section of the grocery store is almost as good. Stay away from the canned kind. That has been overcooked and super heated so all of the bacteria is dead. And kefir is SO much better than yogurt for digestion and it's almost free if you make it yourself.

OP
luvnmymedic

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
Thank you. I'm trying to keep up. I feel so lost sometimes with him. He sounds congested today as well. He was congested when we got him and it cleared up. This will sound morbid but it is how I feel. I am scared to death that I am going to get a call while I am at work that he has died. All because of this stupid yeast infection.
Part of the reason I don't want to take him back to the vet right now is because I know he will jsut get more prescriptions. He started looking better then the meds ran out. It isn't making it go away. His head will clear up but it's still in his ears and his feet. So the meds stop and it spreads across his head. I'd say about 1/3 of the hair on his head is gone. As long as I can keep him from scratching, which is difficult, he doesn't bleed. He will get a Zymox bath tonight. I'm doing it every day to every other day but no further apart than that. He is good in the tub. I rub and rub and rub the shampoo in and he loves it. Oh and I have this question. I don't want him to get cold in the tub so I have the water in a warm range. Is that promoting the yeast as well? He always shivers when I get him out. I dry him the best I can and then cover him up because he doesn't feel like drying himself sometimes. I make sure I dry between his toes and pads. He doesn't like that but I make him let me.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I think you got some great advise from everyone above, I have nothing to add just wanted to say good luck.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Thank you. I'm trying to keep up. I feel so lost sometimes with him. He sounds congested today as well. He was congested when we got him and it cleared up. This will sound morbid but it is how I feel. I am scared to death that I am going to get a call while I am at work that he has died. All because of this stupid yeast infection.
Part of the reason I don't want to take him back to the vet right now is because I know he will jsut get more prescriptions. He started looking better then the meds ran out. It isn't making it go away. His head will clear up but it's still in his ears and his feet. So the meds stop and it spreads across his head. I'd say about 1/3 of the hair on his head is gone. As long as I can keep him from scratching, which is difficult, he doesn't bleed. He will get a Zymox bath tonight. I'm doing it every day to every other day but no further apart than that. He is good in the tub. I rub and rub and rub the shampoo in and he loves it. Oh and I have this question. I don't want him to get cold in the tub so I have the water in a warm range. Is that promoting the yeast as well? He always shivers when I get him out. I dry him the best I can and then cover him up because he doesn't feel like drying himself sometimes. I make sure I dry between his toes and pads. He doesn't like that but I make him let me.

You have gotten all kinds of advice , I will sit back on this one, but please keep me updated on his condition. I'm genuinely concerned

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I looked up zymox shampoo and while its stated to control itchy skin I don't see any ingredients to ward off yeast... So I'm concerned with bathing him with that is only adding moisture to the yeast which they thrive on.

OP
luvnmymedic

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
Hey, let me ask yall this. I have GNC anti fungal and antibacterial shampoo. Should I use that one day then the Zymox shampoo the next? That way we may fight the yeast and control the itching? Or do you think I can use the anti fungal antibacterial, rinse, then do the zymox all in the same bath.

OP
luvnmymedic

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
The Zymox shampoo I have says Zymox Enzymatic Shampoo. It says it will help with the itching while fighting the fungus and bacteria. So I just bathed him in it. He made himself a resident of our bathroom but I had to make him move out today. It is not a large bathroom by any means. He won't move when you go in there for anything and he licks my legs when I exit the shower. He has plenty of other places to lay that are just as cool. I looked at some treats today. They were in the naturalish treats bin at the pet store. The one I bought him said grain free and I did not see any chicken listed. I liked the fact it was get what you wanted and you could see the ingredients. This one is carrot. I did give him one. He likes them. So that's good. I won't give them to him every day. I did also stop giving him the Benedryl. He seems to be ok without it. His mood seems to be improving just a little bit. And oh my word, I almost didn't add this. He has ate at least once a day every day since I posted this. So maybe we are on an upward trend. I know he will look worse before he looks better. I hope he's as bad as he will get. I want him on the mend.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I don't have any advise to help you, looks like you are getting some top notch help here!!! I just wanted to say how sorry I am that your baby is so sick... Please keep us posted & keeping our paws crossed that things get better soon ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
luvnmymedic

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
He looks awful but I kinda think he looks better. I think he's starting to feel better because his massive stubborness is back.

OP
luvnmymedic

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
I say the massive stubborness is back because we have three couches in our living room. One has been phased out and just hasn't made it to it's new home in another room. That is the one we let him lay on since it is old and ugly anyway. Starting last night, he has made himself a resident of one of the other two. I covered it in our blanket that he likes to keep him off the fabric. In his own fashion, he scratched around at it so long that it is not covering the couch. It wouldn't be a big deal at all for him to share the couch if he wasn't yeasty, crusty, and sometimes bloody. I added coconut oil to his food and put apple cider vinegar with mother in his water. He looked at both and walked away. My husband and I are going to research raw and modified raw. I don't know where to start there. I feel lost.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I say the massive stubborness is back because we have three couches in our living room. One has been phased out and just hasn't made it to it's new home in another room. That is the one we let him lay on since it is old and ugly anyway. Starting last night, he has made himself a resident of one of the other two. I covered it in our blanket that he likes to keep him off the fabric. In his own fashion, he scratched around at it so long that it is not covering the couch. It wouldn't be a big deal at all for him to share the couch if he wasn't yeasty, crusty, and sometimes bloody. I added coconut oil to his food and put apple cider vinegar with mother in his water. He looked at both and walked away. My husband and I are going to research raw and modified raw. I don't know where to start there. I feel lost.

Of course you do, Hun, most if not all here, have felt the same way...multiple times.

We are HERE for you & Seven thru out this journey, yeast can be difficult to heal but
he will heal and even before Seven heals, he will start looking and feeling much better!

Raw, modified raw & dehydrated raw will be the best & fastest way to get there. It
might be more expensive at first but will be less expensive in saved vet bills, as you
know first hand, read the articles here about yeast & raw diet. Google 'leaky gut' too.

Sending you prayers for strength, hope & endurance, come here and vent as needed.
:lubu:

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]
@savemejeebus

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.