USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Please Help! He won't eat

Quote Originally Posted by luvnmymedic View Post
    I just fed him his first bowl of raw. He wanted more. He hasn't eaten since yesterday evening despite Taste of the Wild in his bowl. I found this to be a plus! I am going to give this a go for several months and see how he does. I'm looking for any improvement. I haven't bathed him since Thursday night. Do you think tonight is too soon. I did decide that so often was making it worse but I'm not sure how far to space the washings.
    A great start! I would wait on the bath another day or two, just give a really really good brushing to stimulate the blood flow to the skin.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Seven - RIP I love you
    Likes (Received)

Awesome. Thanks!

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Awesome. Thanks!
    Great news that he is eating and wanting more! Those nutrients will help give his body energy to heal and get him stronger!

Cutting back on baths is good also they can dry and irritate sometimes. Benadryl for the itchies if needed.

Keep doing what your doing it's getting better already!
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

as far as baths go i have given sarah one twice a week for over a year and 1/2 due to her yeast issues. well i gave a full bath once a week and just did her yeasty parts the other time. i usually go with how itchy they are. if she is not itchy i dont bathe her if she is i do. i also treat her yeast twice a day with something like duoxo pads or you can use anti fungal meds at the drug store. keeping it dry is important and no heat. yeast like a warm moist environment so i would limit outside time to a minimum. i also used to dry her very well after bathing.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I'm sorry I'm late to this, but my internet connection has been bad...You have gotten real good advise (no other tricks in my book) and switching to raw is really the best thing that you can do for Seven right now. When it comes to bathing I suggest you bath him when he looks like he needs it, not in any schedule. When you have gotten rid of the yeast, you will hardly need to bath them. I have bathed my boys once this year...and they don't smell at all. That's all because of raw food. Like desertskybulldogs mentioned brushing will help them keep their skin healthy. Like you have found out with the prescriptions yeast can not be cured from the outside with medications. It only helps with the symptoms, not the cause, which is the wrong type of food for him.
    Keep us posted on his progress and if I can help you with the raw feeding I'm happy to.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Seven - RIP I love you
    Likes (Received)

Thanks! So far so good. I just made up a new batch. It isn't a large batch but it's the biggest I can do for now. I can do more at the end of the week. He loves it. My mom fed him for me today since I was running behind to leave for work. She got there an hour after I left and fed him. She was surprised that he would come out of a sleep and eat. He clears his bowl. It is great. My older kids watched me make it tonight and were grossed out. I'll do what I need to do to make him better. I'm just so excited that he's eating and really enjoying it.

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

I found this video and thought of you. Hope things are continuing to go well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl_X1I1GJ1Q

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! So far so good. I just made up a new batch. It isn't a large batch but it's the biggest I can do for now. I can do more at the end of the week. He loves it. My mom fed him for me today since I was running behind to leave for work. She got there an hour after I left and fed him. She was surprised that he would come out of a sleep and eat. He clears his bowl. It is great. My older kids watched me make it tonight and were grossed out. I'll do what I need to do to make him better. I'm just so excited that he's eating and really enjoying it.
    I found this video and thought of you. Hope things are continuing to go well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl_X1I1GJ1Q
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Seven - RIP I love you
    Likes (Received)

Thank you! I subscribed to them on YouTube. I viewed several videos by her that were helpful!
    Seven is still highly inflamed but it was to be expected. He has hair growth on his mostly bald head! He seems happier. I am going to change a couple of topical things I do. His diet is remaining the same other than I subsituted beef liver for the chicken liver. I'm in search of good raw recipes to change it up some for him.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm so glad that he's doing better...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads