Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Seven - RIP I love you
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Please Help! He won't eat

He looks awful but I kinda think he looks better. I think he's starting to feel better because his massive stubborness is back.

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

You know him best. You are the best judge of how he is feeling. Keep up the good work!
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Seven - RIP I love you
    Likes (Received)

I say the massive stubborness is back because we have three couches in our living room. One has been phased out and just hasn't made it to it's new home in another room. That is the one we let him lay on since it is old and ugly anyway. Starting last night, he has made himself a resident of one of the other two. I covered it in our blanket that he likes to keep him off the fabric. In his own fashion, he scratched around at it so long that it is not covering the couch. It wouldn't be a big deal at all for him to share the couch if he wasn't yeasty, crusty, and sometimes bloody. I added coconut oil to his food and put apple cider vinegar with mother in his water. He looked at both and walked away. My husband and I are going to research raw and modified raw. I don't know where to start there. I feel lost.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by luvnmymedic View Post
    I say the massive stubborness is back because we have three couches in our living room. One has been phased out and just hasn't made it to it's new home in another room. That is the one we let him lay on since it is old and ugly anyway. Starting last night, he has made himself a resident of one of the other two. I covered it in our blanket that he likes to keep him off the fabric. In his own fashion, he scratched around at it so long that it is not covering the couch. It wouldn't be a big deal at all for him to share the couch if he wasn't yeasty, crusty, and sometimes bloody. I added coconut oil to his food and put apple cider vinegar with mother in his water. He looked at both and walked away. My husband and I are going to research raw and modified raw. I don't know where to start there. I feel lost.

Of course you do, Hun, most if not all here, have felt the same way...multiple times.

We are HERE for you & Seven thru out this journey, yeast can be difficult to heal but
    he will heal and even before Seven heals, he will start looking and feeling much better!

Raw, modified raw & dehydrated raw will be the best & fastest way to get there. It
    might be more expensive at first but will be less expensive in saved vet bills, as you
    know first hand, read the articles here about yeast & raw diet. Google 'leaky gut' too.

Sending you prayers for strength, hope & endurance, come here and vent as needed.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

@RiiSi
    @savemejeebus

Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

When you go to buy shampoo again please consider this.

http://www.amazon.com/DVM-Pharmaceut...ampoo+For+Dogs

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bandit and Kozmo Monster
    Likes (Received)

Malaseb shampoo is awesome! I have used that and the pledglets with great results.

Heather, Bandit and the Kozmo Monster
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Seven - RIP I love you
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by christyjulene View Post
    When you go to buy shampoo again please consider this.

http://www.amazon.com/DVM-Pharmaceut...ampoo+For+Dogs
    I sure will. Thanks for the link. He is running low on food. I think I'm going to give raw a run for a few months and see. I looked up Fromm and it isn't sold around here. The closest I can find it is about 40 miles away at stores that close before I get off work. Looking at raw and talking to someone who has done raw for the last six months for a similar situation and had great results, I believe raw is the way we need to take him. Finding the supplements will be my issue. But if I have to order them online, that's what I'll do.

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

I wish I could help because I can tell by your posts that you are at wit's end. My only thoughts about this and they are very limited considering all you have tried and the good advice you have been given, is that I too would question giving even more antibiotics, they haven't helped yet and they can really disrupt the digestive system which could contribute to the problem. And another is the bathing. I don't know how often you are bathing but it too may contribute to some of the problem while the dog is in this state. I know when Ace was younger he was getting real pink and I was worried about allergies and bathed him weekly trying to help and I think I was doing more harm than good. It could be contributing to the problem. I think because Ace was young and his immune system not yet developed that because I was doing too much it contributed to the problem. I think if it was me I would just stop bathing for a while and only wipe down the areas that need attention with a damp rag and then dry. No medicated concoctions and shampoos on on the skin and no witch hazel and probably a bland diet, something that wouldn't contribute to the problem. I think I would narrow it down to a couple of things that wouldn't aggravate the problem and hopefully his natural defense system can take over. My tendency at times because I am so worried is to try several things at once trying to help and may not be doing so. I wish I could be of more help and really I am only going on a hunch and what I might try to do if in your situation. I sure hope it works out for you and your beloved dog. I probably would go with the bland diet though and some probiotics. If his digestion is helped it could well help the entire situation
    Last edited by Rural mystic; 07-27-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

I sure will. Thanks for the link. He is running low on food. I think I'm going to give raw a run for a few months and see. I looked up Fromm and it isn't sold around here. The closest I can find it is about 40 miles away at stores that close before I get off work. Looking at raw and talking to someone who has done raw for the last six months for a similar situation and had great results, I believe raw is the way we need to take him. Finding the supplements will be my issue. But if I have to order them online, that's what I'll do.
    I think raw is the way to go also. If it does not work for one reason or another Fromm is the next best choice and you can order it on line with free shipping.

With the Malaseb shampoo use it twice a week. Leave the shampoo on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off. If that does not control the itch enough then we have other tricks. Over shampooing can dry out the skin and cause more irritation.

We are here anytime you need us!

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member mc68mc's Avatar
    Real Name
    Robert McCray
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
    Likes (Received)

No advice to give but thoughts and prayers going out to you and seven - So happy he is in a better home life than were he was - keep up the good work- and progress is very hard to see when you want so bad for your BABY to be better... HANG IN THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Seven - RIP I love you
    Likes (Received)

I just fed him his first bowl of raw. He wanted more. He hasn't eaten since yesterday evening despite Taste of the Wild in his bowl. I found this to be a plus! I am going to give this a go for several months and see how he does. I'm looking for any improvement. I haven't bathed him since Thursday night. Do you think tonight is too soon. I did decide that so often was making it worse but I'm not sure how far to space the washings.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads