Thread: I suspect my girl is deaf:(

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I suspect my girl is deaf:(

Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Thank you @Pati Robins she's doing pretty good, I guess it's more me feeling bad for her and the wonder if I could have done anything to prevent it other than the drops the vet gave us but she seems to be happy and I have no real issues dealing with her. Once I get her attention I can get her to do pretty much anything as long as I'm holding a treat
    I find flashlights and any light around the house(and garden) that i can switch on and off the best thing to get Shy attention
    also you can teach your girl to "check in" while on the walk -it will become something very natural for her
    when you are on the walk give her a treat every 20 -30 sec . After a while she will automatically turn around to look at you :-)
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Great idea with the flash lights @Pati Robins I'm gonna try that for sure. Luckily she has her BFF, the pug Lycka who is always by her side and when Lycka moves Joey knows something is going on and she looks around for me so that works really really well. Pug rarely leaves her side, they've been like glued together since the day we got Joey home, and back then Lycka was just a puppy. I'm very glad they have such a good friendship that also works in Joey's favor
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yes it does! My last adoption did not get on with Shy (loads of bloody fights and shy had to had her face stitched ) but lily despite her young age will not leave Shy alone -and Shy is very protective over Lily
    I think it is very comforting for them to have a friend to rely on ,also i bought my girl a harness with a velcro patches -her says "im deaf) and other dog has same one with "hearing dog" -lily got to grow into it ;-) it looks like this (not sure of you can see the puc as im using taptalk app ;-( -imageuploadedbytapatalk1375730728-995513-jpg
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads