URGENT!!! Sherman's Face is BRIGHT RED and HE Has BUMPY WELTS EVERYWHERE!!

i love my bully

Aug 26, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
sampson
Thanks for the info, I gave him Benadryl, however I'm not sure if it has made much of a difference. I thought he had hives but they turned out to be some kind of pustules. He's losing so much hair now because I all the bumps. I feel so bad for him :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 51

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Has he had a skin scrape done? Definatley some sort of dermatitis or possibly mange. He will likely need a medicated shampoo either way, I highly recommend pharmaseb. Poor fella. :(

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks for the info, I gave him Benadryl, however I'm not sure if it has made much of a difference. I thought he had hives but they turned out to be some kind of pustules. He's losing so much hair now because I all the bumps. I feel so bad for him :(

I'd be mad as h*ll if my bully looked like this after the ER Vet & your regular Vet,
after being on all those expensive meds and after all this time gone by...I'd want
to beat all their sorry, ignorant a**es~your baby is suffering, I say, spread the
misery around!

Please, ask around for a experienced BULLY Vet and get him in, ASAP

i love my bully

Aug 26, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
sampson
I gave him a bath with medicated shampoo for fungi. They said he had fungi spores on him. But during the bath he lost so much hair, it actually clogged the drain! I almost cried :( I'm heart broken.

i love my bully

Aug 26, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
sampson
I'd be mad as h*ll if my bully looked like this after the ER Vet & your regular Vet,
after being on all those expensive meds and after all this time gone by...I'd want
to beat all their sorry, ignorant a**es~your baby is suffering, I say, spread the
misery around!

Please, ask around for a experienced BULLY Vet and get him in, ASAP

ive been looking for a bully vet, the closest one I found is over a 100 miles away. I'm in Jacksonville nc. I can't stand this place :/

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
ive been looking for a bully vet, the closest one I found is over a 100 miles away. I'm in Jacksonville nc. I can't stand this place :/

Get him an appt on your next day off, Honey and drive, it's not that far away.

Once you get a correct dx take the copies of the report & dx~always ask for
copies of vet visits & all vet notes, meds, & dx and keep in folder, even for
regular exams, you can then always show to ER vets his medical history. Very
helpful than trying to fill out paperwork espc if emergency and you're scared
& can't think of details. So w/correct dx, you then take back to Er & regular
Vet and calmly ask for refunds due to wrong dx, treatment & ineffective meds.

If you need help, I will pay for the gas there & back, EBN has helped me and I
want to pay it forward, please do not hesitate to say so...it is done.

Let me know, Honey...we've got to do due diligence for your baby, both of you
have suffered enough! I am spitting nails and wanting to gnaw on a**meat like
a...well, like a bulldog!

i love my bully

Aug 26, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
sampson

Get him an appt on your next day off, Honey and drive, it's not that far away.

Once you get a correct dx take the copies of the report & dx~always ask for
copies of vet visits & all vet notes, meds, & dx and keep in folder, even for
regular exams, you can then always show to ER vets his medical history. Very
helpful than trying to fill out paperwork espc if emergency and you're scared
& can't think of details. So w/correct dx, you then take back to Er & regular
Vet and calmly ask for refunds due to wrong dx, treatment & ineffective meds.

If you need help, I will pay for the gas there & back, EBN has helped me and I
want to pay it forward, please do not hesitate to say so...it is done.

Let me know, Honey...we've got to do due diligence for your baby, both of you
have suffered enough! I am spitting nails and wanting to gnaw on a**meat like
a...well, like a bulldog!

you are too kind! I got teary eyed. I will have to speak to my hubby about taking him to another vet within the next week or two. We spent almost 200 with this last visit at banfield. I'm suppose to give Sampson 2 baths a week with his medicated shampoo. Maybe ill wait to see if it helps by next week. Do you think I should try another food other than the one I'm currently switching him to (blue buffalo grain free puppy food). Maybe a non poultry food?

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I gave him a bath with medicated shampoo for fungi. They said he had fungi spores on him. But during the bath he lost so much hair, it actually clogged the drain! I almost cried :( I'm heart broken.

You can go to Walmart, get virgin, organic Coconut Oil and smear it lightly over the
raw areas, it will help heal, soothe & protect his skin~it won't harm him. Then put
a lightweight T-shirt to protect him if he scratches himself. Dip some of the CO out
and use that so as not to contaminate the jar, you can give him a teasp in his food
1 x daily and in 2 weeks, give him a teasp 2 x daily. It'll heal internal problems and
strengthen immune system.

i love my bully

Aug 26, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
sampson
You can go to Walmart, get virgin, organic Coconut Oil and smear it lightly over the
raw areas, it will help heal, soothe & protect his skin~it won't harm him. Then put
a lightweight T-shirt to protect him if he scratches himself. Dip some of the CO out
and use that so as not to contaminate the jar, you can give him a teasp in his food
1 x daily and in 2 weeks, give him a teasp 2 x daily. It'll heal internal problems and
strengthen immune system.

i actually already give him CO, I use the nutiva brand. He absolutely loves the stuff! I rub it on his tummy for his tummy rash that he gets, and it will be gone within hours! I've been a little worried about using it on his skin now because of the medicated shampoo. I don't know if it would disrupt the medication. But I just started giving almost a tablespoon with his food :) I started with 1/4 tsp. he would eat the entire thing if he got a hold of it hahaha

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
you are too kind! I got teary eyed. I will have to speak to my hubby about taking him to another vet within the next week or two. We spent almost 200 with this last visit at banfield. I'm suppose to give Sampson 2 baths a week with his medicated shampoo. Maybe ill wait to see if it helps by next week. Do you think I should try another food other than the one I'm currently switching him to (blue buffalo grain free puppy food). Maybe a non poultry food?

I would, maybe Fromms or NIV Limited...let me look at that for you.
Depending on your time available, you might give him home cooked bland diet
while deciding on what food & stop giving the BB...poultry is a common allergy
for many bullies. You might get a refund for the BB even tho opened & used.
Lisa has a simple recipe she'll share that she makes & feeds her bullies.

I know you're shaken, heartbroke & worried sick but hang in there!

@
@cowsmom [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
i actually already give him CO, I use the nutiva brand. He absolutely loves the stuff! I rub it on his tummy for his tummy rash that he gets, and it will be gone within hours! I've been a little worried about using it on his skin now because of the medicated shampoo. I don't know if it would disrupt the medication. But I just started giving almost a tablespoon with his food :) I started with 1/4 tsp. he would eat the entire thing if he got a hold of it hahaha

I'd wait to use that shampoo until another Vet approves, I don't trust those other yahoos!

See what Lisa recc'mends or Sherry...@Sherry ​to bath him.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I'm no help here except to offer my prayers and hugs and Sheldon says to hang in there skin Mommy it'll be ok big muzzies!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Praying for you and Sampson..I know how frustrating this can all be when youre trying everything and nothing seems to help. Good luck to you. Please keep us posted.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis

Get on Amazon.com. Order some Richard's anti bacterial tea tree oil shampoo and a slicker brush. Shampoo once a week. Gently use the slicker brush twice a day off possible. Definitely once a day. Give him a vitamin E supplement twice a day, 4 times a week. Give him a super B complex supplement twice a day too. The E will help heal the skin, the B will boost his immune system. The slicker brush will improve blood flow to the skin, remove dead cells and help to distribute the natural body oils.

If you want, ask your doctor fit a script for simplicef. It's an antibiotic for skin infections. But it's not 100% necessary. The tea tree oil it's the best thing for it. The simplicef is really just a booster.

His hair is going to fall out in the beginning. The dead needs to go away before the new can start. Don't worry about it.

I've had dogs with all kinds of skin issues walk in my door. They all walk out with beautiful, soft, shiny coats.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.