Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We can never get too many reminders on the things our babies can't eat. Here is a note from AKC to just remind us.

Every home has items that when swallowed by your pet can be dangerous and sometimes even fatal. To help protect your dog or cat, the American Kennel Club (AKC[SUP]®[/SUP]) and The International Cat Association (TICA) highlight the most common household hazards for animals. Among them:
Food- Always keep garbage out of your pet’s reach. The rotting food contains mold and bacteria that could end up giving your four-legged friend food poisoning. In addition, many human foods can be extremely harmful to dogs and cats. Following are just some of the things that should never be on your pet’s menu:

• Chocolate
  • Avocado
  • Onion
  • Grapes/raisins
  • Alcohol
  • Xylitol - found in sugar free gums and foods
Cleaning products- You can use many cleaning products in your home safely around your pets, but you have to make sure to read the labels and use them properly. Cleaners containing bleach can cause stomach upset, vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, or severe burns if swallowed, so keep your pets away from any areas you’ve cleaned until they are dry.
Medications- Human medication can make dogs and cats very sick. Always keep medicine bottles tightly closed and stored in a secure cabinet away from your pets. Some examples of medications that are harmful to pets include:

• Aspirin
  • Ibuprofen
  • Prescription drugs
  • Diet pills

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Thanks for the reminder! I would like to add some items to the list

Caffeine - Coffee and tea

Medications - Acetaminophen, Benzocaine, phenolphthalein (laxative), Iron supplements, Vitamin D supplements

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I poo poo the Avocado! But.. I think it's because of the bark of the tree..I mean, every dog we have ever had has grazed on Avocados! And they DO put it in dog food! Even my vet gives her dogs Avvies!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I poo poo the Avocado! But.. I think it's because of the bark of the tree..I mean, every dog we have ever had has grazed on Avocados! And they DO put it in dog food! Even my vet gives her dogs Avvies!

I agree! But an excellent list otherwise :up:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is great info and I think deserving of a 'sticky' [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] ?

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Thank you for the reminder! :D

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Bellathebully

Nov 23, 2013
London-UK
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thanks for this post! Can I cheek about the "aspirin" I think I read somewhere else that we can give our bully this human med?!?!
vureqe9u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thanks for this post! Can I cheek about the "aspirin" I think I read somewhere else that we can give our bully this human med?!?!
vureqe9u.jpg

I've seen that before too, I think it was baby aspirin, but to be safe I give NO aspirin (acetamophine/Tylenol)

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Thanks for the reminder! I would like to add some items to the list

Caffeine - Coffee and tea

Medications - Acetaminophen, Benzocaine, phenolphthalein (laxative), Iron supplements, Vitamin D supplements

Oh my. I was grinding some coffee and spilled some coffee grounds, and Ace vacuumed them up. :/. Will be more careful.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.