Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Two things. 1. Daisy has these things that looks like skin tags on her back paws. She has quite a few of them. I saw a bump and freaked out I thought she had a tick. Then after I got to looking it was white and then some were whitish with maybe some red like blood in them. They are really small but I am just not sure what they are and if I need to take her to the vet. And 2. Shes still eating her poop. Like seriously I just caught the nasty thing taking a sh*t and turn around to eat it right up. I caught her too late. ITs so gross! Any tips?????:pray:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I can't help you with the skin tags, I'm not sure what they could be. Maybe take some pictures and post them, and somebody might recognize what they are.

my Dozer started to eat his poop when I switched him to Go Natural dogfood, my vet read the ingredients, and said the food was too rich for him, it had too many fruits and vegetables in it, and so it was digested too quickly, and then tasted good to him, so he ate it. Yuck.. When I switched him to Fromms Beef Frittata, he stopped snacking on his deposits.

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Hi, I can't help you with the skin tags, I'm not sure what they could be. Maybe take some pictures and post them, and somebody might recognize what they are.

my Dozer started to eat his poop when I switched him to Go Natural dogfood, my vet read the ingredients, and said the food was too rich for him, it had too many fruits and vegetables in it, and so it was digested too quickly, and then tasted good to him, so he ate it. Yuck.. When I switched him to Fromms Beef Frittata, he stopped snacking on his deposits.

Ya Im gonna switch her food soon. I was thinking bout going to Blue wilderness because she loves Salmon.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm curious about these skin tag looking things on her paw. Any way to get a pic? I know it won't be easy but maybe we can all learn something new!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
can you get pictures of the tags... any possibility?

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I'm curious about these skin tag looking things on her paw. Any way to get a pic? I know it won't be easy but maybe we can all learn something new!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Ill try my best tonight. She moves around so much its near impossible.. They are under her fur.. They barely stick out. I really hope its nothing major

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Two things. 1. Daisy has these things that looks like skin tags on her back paws. She has quite a few of them. I saw a bump and freaked out I thought she had a tick. Then after I got to looking it was white and then some were whitish with maybe some red like blood in them. They are really small but I am just not sure what they are and if I need to take her to the vet. And 2. Shes still eating her poop. Like seriously I just caught the nasty thing taking a sh*t and turn around to eat it right up. I caught her too late. ITs so gross! Any tips?????:pray:

Put some pumpkin puree in her food an she will stop eating it, Bacon did the same thing when he was a pup and something happens to the pumpkin when they digest it and it makes them not want to eat their :poo:

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Isn't the school of thought on poop eating is they are lacking something in the diet? When I got duke at 12 weeks he would eat poop- he was on royal canin - I switched him to raw at 13 weeks and he stopped eating his poop immediately .

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
A vet ( not mine ) once told me eating poop is a sign of a vitamin b deficiency. Luckily we haven't had this problem with Bo. Keep me posted if u find an answer. I'm curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
You have gotten some great advice above. You may also want to try walking Daisy on a leash so that when she goes poop and starts to eat it you can gently redirect her and move her away from the pile. In some cases there are underlying medical problems such as parasites that can cause dogs to eat their own poop. I would try the pumpkin first.

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
You have gotten some great advice above. You may also want to try walking Daisy on a leash so that when she goes poop and starts to eat it you can gently redirect her and move her away from the pile. In some cases there are underlying medical problems such as parasites that can cause dogs to eat their own poop. I would try the pumpkin first.

Shes healthy. The vet said its just something puppies do. Hopefully she grows out of it. And the leash thing, we are having a hard time with potty training. Shes fine outside. And I know that I prolly should keep her on a leash in the house too for a little while.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
The only other time we saw Bacon eating his leavings was when he did his business in his day pen and was embarrassed. It was so sad, he did it, then realized that he made a mistake and was howling and crying, it broke my heart. The only reason I knew any of it happened is we have a webcam on him and I was watching him from work.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Bella also eats her poop it makes me sick!! she only does it at night if she has a accident on the floor im thinking she doesnt want to get in trouble for it and hides the evidence haha. but it is nasty very nasty! :barf:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.