JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Just found this on Sally tonight. I found this thread that will help out quite a bit. Reoccuring interdigital cyst. From what I understand reading that thread, it's food related? She had hard boiled eggs recently and last night. The only other thing I can think of is this week she has as new canned food: Wellness Core Beef, Venison & Lamb forumala. She gets a couple tablespoons mixed in her food morning night. Wonder if that's it? We had her 8 weeks plus now so I'm thinking it's it. :confused:

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
They can also be caused by allergies, mites, ingrown hairs or other foreign objects, yeast. Sorry making the list bigger does not help does it. Application of warm water compresses and topical triple antibiotic ointment or mupircin antibiotic ointment are recommended. Foot soaks in chlorhexidine solution are also helpful.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
They can also be caused by allergies, mites, ingrown hairs or other foreign objects, yeast. Sorry making the list bigger does not help does it. Application of warm water compresses and topical triple antibiotic ointment or mupircin antibiotic ointment are recommended. Foot soaks in chlorhexidine solution are also helpful.
So good to see you Christy!!! :) I'm glad you made the list longer, helps me learn more. I saw mention of hairs and to squeeze the head out sorta like a zit? I have the Mupircin for Sally already from a lesion she had on her leg when we got her. I've used it already and cleaned it with some malacetic otic cleanser. I'll call her vet tomorrow and get the clorhexidine solution. So with the warm water compresses, how is that done? Just put the paw in warm water or use a warm wet towel and compress?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ouchie!! Jeannie I had my first a few months ago and another 2 weeks ago and the malectic ultra worked. I did soak in Epsom salt first. Was gone in 24 hours! Don't know if you will have the same luck as I did but its worth a try!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Yes very nice to see you!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ouchie!! Jeannie I had my first a few months ago and another 2 weeks ago and the malectic ultra worked. I did soak in Epsom salt first. Was gone in 24 hours! Don't know if you will have the same luck as I did but its worth a try!

Thanks Lisa! I'll get some Epsom salt too. I was surprised to see it but took note the last two days that she was licking that paw too. She hadn't done any paw licking since she started healing up. I'll report back. :)

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
So good to see you Christy!!! :) I'm glad you made the list longer, helps me learn more. I saw mention of hairs and to squeeze the head out sorta like a zit? I have the Mupircin for Sally already from a lesion she had on her leg when we got her. I've used it already and cleaned it with some malacetic otic cleanser. I'll call her vet tomorrow and get the clorhexidine solution. So with the warm water compresses, how is that done? Just put the paw in warm water or use a warm wet towel and compress?

Just a warm wet towel towel and hold it on there. If she wont let you. You can also do this with or with out the betadine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb3bi-FQL2o This vet is amazing, she does the best videos. Hopefully it is a foreign object that will pop out like you said a "zit". You can get the cholrhexidine or Hibiclens solution at Walmart, CVS etc. it is cheap and it is amazing for skin stuff. Hibiclens.jpg Thanks for the warm welcome!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just a warm wet towel towel and hold it on there. If she wont let you. You can also do this with or with out the betadine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb3bi-FQL2o This vet is amazing, she does the best videos. Hopefully it is a foreign object that will pop out like you said a "zit". You can get the cholrhexidine or Hibiclens solution at Walmart, CVS etc. it is cheap and it is amazing for skin stuff. View attachment 48548 Thanks for the warm welcome!
I really like her videos. I used this one in the article I did......you'd think I'd remember to go read it, dohhh. I'll go to Walmart at lunch tomorrow. I thought the other stuff, the clolrhexidine you had to get at the vet?

I give Wilson foot baths often during the summer time. Works like a charm.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
You can buy betadine and chlorhexidine (Hibiclens) over the counter. I couldn't pull it up at Walmart online but I know they carry at my store. At Walgreens.com they call it Walgreens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser . If you can't find it at Walmart ask the pharmacist they will know what theirs is called.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry I don't have any experience with this, but it looks sore. Hope it clears up quickly , and Sally feels better soon. You got a lot of good advice above, plus you're a great bully and doggy mommy, and you'll do a good job clearing it up. Keep us posted on how she is doing

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
One of my girls gets this too sometimes:*( In our case it seems to be when weather is moist or when she get baths too often:confused: So I try to keep her feet dry and sometimes after baths I put baby powder to dry up between her toes if I don't manage to do it with a towel. If she gets a cyst I treat it by putting her foot in some warm water with kind of a lot of Epsom salt in and it works real well for us:yes:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
cysts are bacteria so hibiclenz will be fine or duoxo pads work real well also. i have just put peroxide on them before when i had nothing else. i would stop the canned food and see if it clears up. sarahs are food related and if thats something new then cut it out and see if it goes away. if not then stop the eggs.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
cysts are bacteria so hibiclenz will be fine or duoxo pads work real well also. i have just put peroxide on them before when i had nothing else. i would stop the canned food and see if it clears up. sarahs are food related and if thats something new then cut it out and see if it goes away. if not then stop the eggs.

I cut out the new canned food last night and gave them all some pumpkin. Just bought 5 cans of that too. Dohh. It's the only thing I can think of that's new and its' new as of Saturday night. Has to be it.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Hi Jennie- Blue's on antibiotics for his right now.
Like [MENTION=8502]christyjulene[/MENTION] said, there's a long list of things that cause them. My Vet thinks it was probably an ingrown hair and told me to squeeze out the dry little bumps in the future.

We're using Duoxo pads (and the shampoo) which is Chlorhexidine. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] posted a link here: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...hlorhexidine-Solution&highlight=Chlorhexidine for the solution on Amazon where it's something like $15 for a gallon.

I was also using Neosporin on it because it popped and became a bloody mess. (that's why we took him to the vet). Didn't want it to get infected. Vet said the Neosporin was fine.

Good luck, and keep us updated.

Members online

No members online now.