Thread: Interdigital cyst - Sally

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Default Interdigital cyst - Sally

Just found this on Sally tonight. I found this thread that will help out quite a bit. Reoccuring interdigital cyst. From what I understand reading that thread, it's food related? She had hard boiled eggs recently and last night. The only other thing I can think of is this week she has as new canned food: Wellness Core Beef, Venison & Lamb forumala. She gets a couple tablespoons mixed in her food morning night. Wonder if that's it? We had her 8 weeks plus now so I'm thinking it's it.

Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Interdigital cyst - Sally

They can also be caused by allergies, mites, ingrown hairs or other foreign objects, yeast. Sorry making the list bigger does not help does it. Application of warm water compresses and topical triple antibiotic ointment or mupircin antibiotic ointment are recommended. Foot soaks in chlorhexidine solution are also helpful.
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by christyjulene View Post
    They can also be caused by allergies, mites, ingrown hairs or other foreign objects, yeast. Sorry making the list bigger does not help does it. Application of warm water compresses and topical triple antibiotic ointment or mupircin antibiotic ointment are recommended. Foot soaks in chlorhexidine solution are also helpful.
    So good to see you Christy!!! I'm glad you made the list longer, helps me learn more. I saw mention of hairs and to squeeze the head out sorta like a zit? I have the Mupircin for Sally already from a lesion she had on her leg when we got her. I've used it already and cleaned it with some malacetic otic cleanser. I'll call her vet tomorrow and get the clorhexidine solution. So with the warm water compresses, how is that done? Just put the paw in warm water or use a warm wet towel and compress?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Ouchie!! Jeannie I had my first a few months ago and another 2 weeks ago and the malectic ultra worked. I did soak in Epsom salt first. Was gone in 24 hours! Don't know if you will have the same luck as I did but its worth a try!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yes very nice to see you!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Ouchie!! Jeannie I had my first a few months ago and another 2 weeks ago and the malectic ultra worked. I did soak in Epsom salt first. Was gone in 24 hours! Don't know if you will have the same luck as I did but its worth a try!

Thanks Lisa! I'll get some Epsom salt too. I was surprised to see it but took note the last two days that she was licking that paw too. She hadn't done any paw licking since she started healing up. I'll report back.

Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    So good to see you Christy!!! I'm glad you made the list longer, helps me learn more. I saw mention of hairs and to squeeze the head out sorta like a zit? I have the Mupircin for Sally already from a lesion she had on her leg when we got her. I've used it already and cleaned it with some malacetic otic cleanser. I'll call her vet tomorrow and get the clorhexidine solution. So with the warm water compresses, how is that done? Just put the paw in warm water or use a warm wet towel and compress?
    Just a warm wet towel towel and hold it on there. If she wont let you. You can also do this with or with out the betadine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb3bi-FQL2o This vet is amazing, she does the best videos. Hopefully it is a foreign object that will pop out like you said a "zit". You can get the cholrhexidine or Hibiclens solution at Walmart, CVS etc. it is cheap and it is amazing for skin stuff. -hibiclens-jpg Thanks for the warm welcome!

Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Thanks! Nice to be here.

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Just a warm wet towel towel and hold it on there. If she wont let you. You can also do this with or with out the betadine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb3bi-FQL2o This vet is amazing, she does the best videos. Hopefully it is a foreign object that will pop out like you said a "zit". You can get the cholrhexidine or Hibiclens solution at Walmart, CVS etc. it is cheap and it is amazing for skin stuff. -hibiclens-jpg Thanks for the warm welcome!
    I really like her videos. I used this one in the article I did......you'd think I'd remember to go read it, dohhh. I'll go to Walmart at lunch tomorrow. I thought the other stuff, the clolrhexidine you had to get at the vet?

I give Wilson foot baths often during the summer time. Works like a charm.

Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

You can buy betadine and chlorhexidine (Hibiclens) over the counter. I couldn't pull it up at Walmart online but I know they carry at my store. At Walgreens.com they call it Walgreens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser . If you can't find it at Walmart ask the pharmacist they will know what theirs is called.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I'm sorry I don't have any experience with this, but it looks sore. Hope it clears up quickly , and Sally feels better soon. You got a lot of good advice above, plus you're a great bully and doggy mommy, and you'll do a good job clearing it up. Keep us posted on how she is doing
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

One of my girls gets this too sometimes In our case it seems to be when weather is moist or when she get baths too often So I try to keep her feet dry and sometimes after baths I put baby powder to dry up between her toes if I don't manage to do it with a towel. If she gets a cyst I treat it by putting her foot in some warm water with kind of a lot of Epsom salt in and it works real well for us
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads