JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Looking much better! They take so long to heal. All I know is the lady said her grandfather was a vet and he swore by the Tums!
Yeah it does! I did the the Epsom soak tonight and will do that every evening instead of twice daily. I'll have to look into the Tums for my own curiosity.

frpringle

Aug 3, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Doof
Hello! I'm new to the site, and I have been looking for answers to the interdigital cysts as well. Our Doof has one and I've been soaking it, but it looks like it is leaking. Is it still okay to soak it in the epsom salt or should I just wrap his paw up in a warm compress to help ease it?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello! I'm new to the site, and I have been looking for answers to the interdigital cysts as well. Our Doof has one and I've been soaking it, but it looks like it is leaking. Is it still okay to soak it in the epsom salt or should I just wrap his paw up in a warm compress to help ease it?

still ok to soak... it helps

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Yes it's ok to soak. I would actually squeeze Sally's after to get some of the gunk out. Here's is completely close up now and normal skin color. It has shrunk so much. She still has it but it's hard now (like scar tissue hard) and is less than pea size. I've been doing the epsom soak at night and the rinses twice daily using the Hibiclen (get that at Walgreens). You'll notice improvement in just the first 24 hours, well I did.

Welcome to EBN too. Doof's a cutie!!!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
[MENTION=9507]frpringle[/MENTION]
Get some Vetercyn! It works awesome on these and many other things: hot spots, cleaning nose rope,etc. It's a bit expensive but soooo worth it! You can find it anywhere.

Last edited:
OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9507]frpringle[/MENTION]
Get some Vetercyn! It works awesome on these and many other things: hot spots, cleaning nose rope,etc. It's a bit expensive but soooo worth it! You can find it anywhere.

I'll have to check that out too. Thanks! And good to see you too! How's Bubba?

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I just noticed this evening ruthie has one of these. I did an Epsom salt soak and put some neosporin on it. I hope it gets better, it looks terrible. My sweet girl, she is such a good dog and sat on my lap while we soaked it. It's been so wet here and I've been terrible about drying her paws, at least I hope that is what it's from.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Here is ruthie's cyst. She has never had one before. I just soaked it and blood came out,
maqy2y8y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.