Help Needed! Interdigital cyst - Sally

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I cut out the new canned food last night and gave them all some pumpkin. Just bought 5 cans of that too. Dohh. It's the only thing I can think of that's new and its' new as of Saturday night. Has to be it.
well you can still give it to the ones with no cysts :p

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
I feel your pain! Can't offer any more advice than what's already been given, but good luck!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Oh no not Sally!!!!! Jeannie I'm absolutely no help I just wanted send Sally lots of good vibes and a speedy recovery

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
the gang has you covered.... Nitschke suffered terrible with these until we identified the rice allergy -- epsom salt soaks help with the swellewing

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
well you can still give it to the ones with no cysts :p
:p Yeah but it's easier when they all have the same thing, for Wilson's pooh eating habits you know, lol. Sally tried to eat her pooh this morning. :eek: I think it was the pumpkin. :bang: I tapped her on the butt and said No to her and you'd thought I was killing her. Broke my heart. She cowered down. :( Too many years of abuse, I nearly :cry:

I feel your pain! Can't offer any more advice than what's already been given, but good luck!
Does Otis get them too? I was so surprised to see it on Sally.

Oh no not Sally!!!!! Jeannie I'm absolutely no help I just wanted send Sally lots of good vibes and a speedy recovery
I know huh? :(

the gang has you covered.... Nitschke suffered terrible with these until we identified the rice allergy -- epsom salt soaks help with the swellewing
Poor Nitschke. Did he get them often? And did it happen to more than 1 toe or was it always in the same spot?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor Nitschke. Did he get them often? And did it happen to more than 1 toe or was it always in the same spot?
yes, they were constant and varied as to where... there was one, just before we got the allergy tests back it was HUGE and he limped when he walked. We were at the vet to have the blood work done and while sitting int he waiting room our vet walked by and saw his paw. OUCH,... lanced it right there in the waiting room to give him some releif - I still cringe when i think of that day. OUCH. Nitschke was such a champ too... never cried out just took it like the Bully man he was :)

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
One of my girls gets this too sometimes:*( In our case it seems to be when weather is moist or when she get baths too often:confused: So I try to keep her feet dry and sometimes after baths I put baby powder to dry up between her toes if I don't manage to do it with a towel. If she gets a cyst I treat it by putting her foot in some warm water with kind of a lot of Epsom salt in and it works real well for us:yes:
I'm going to get all the stuff tonight and do her feet. We have had some good rain weekend and the other day.

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Yup! Otis has gotten them twice since I got him in February. The current one shrinks and grows, depending on it's mood. Hopefully now that I've cut his kibble it'll shrink forever!

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
I was just reading that pumpkin makes poop taste bad to dogs and to use it as a remedy to get poop eating dogs to stop eating their poop. Wondering if it is true now?

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was just reading that pumpkin makes poop taste bad to dogs and to use it as a remedy to get poop eating dogs to stop eating their poop. Wondering if it is true now?
Doesn't work for Wilson or Sally. Wilson back in the day would still eat Ace's poop. Sally tried to eat her first poo yesterday morning - she had pumpkin the night before.

How long do you do the soak with Epsom salt and how much? I did it again tonight and used about 1/2 plus of epsom and a 1/2 gal or so of water followed up with a good rinse and then washed with the hibeclen solution with a good rinse after. She's a champ, just let me do what I need to do.

I squeezed it in the warm water and some nice white stuff came out.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Keep using the hibiclens until it is gone it is an antiseptic that will help keep it from getting infected. Glad you got stuff out of it! That will make it feel better.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
hi..i've posted this once before...but here it is again.....:)
A Bulldog's nails must be kept short. A Bulldog's feet carry a lot of weight and long toenails can cause foot distortion, put stress on his joints, and may contribute to inter-digital cysts. Don't overlook the dewclaws. Teach your Bulldog to accept nail trimming from puppyhood. Take it slow and gentle so you don't "quick" him. You may use dog nail clippers, followed up with a grinder (such as a Dremil), or just a grinder if you are good about keeping the nails short. attaching the link from one of the sites I found this info....hope it's okay to put it here !Bulldog Basics: An Introduction to the Breed : BCNC

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Keep using the hibiclens until it is gone it is an antiseptic that will help keep it from getting infected. Glad you got stuff out of it! That will make it feel better.

I should have kept using it. Over the weekend it really healed up. It went down and then scabbed over. Last night it exploded. I got a lot of stuff out but mainly just blood this time. It was like a big bubble. Here's tonight's pic after treatment last night and tonight.

Christy, do I treat her twice a day with the Epsom, Hibeclen and then with her Mupirocin? How much epsom salt? I'm using a cup right now for about a gal of water.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I also trimmed the fur around it tonight too.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I should have kept using it. Over the weekend it really healed up. It went down and then scabbed over. Last night it exploded. I got a lot of stuff out but mainly just blood this time. It was like a big bubble. Here's tonight's pic after treatment last night and tonight.

Christy, do I treat her twice a day with the Epsom, Hibeclen and then with her Mupirocin? How much epsom salt? I'm using a cup right now for about a gal of water.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I also trimmed the fur around it tonight too.

OUCH!!!!!!
Poor Sally - Jeannie that is what Nitschke's would look like. I consistently treated till it was gone. But, he never truly got rid of them till we identified the rice allergy. Then he never got another one,.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.