General Question Hemorrhoids - Wilson (Pic included)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I've always said he was a PITA, but now I have proof. :laugh: He's been scooting lately, well sitting straight up on him bum (even left a skid mark on my carpet the other night, omg!!!). I thought it might be his anal glands at first so he got them expressed over the weekend. He still kept scooting so I thought the hair in his bum was bugging him or it was because he's in his pool all the time even though I dry him out each time.

Tonight I tipped him over and to my surprise, it looks like he has a hemorrhoid. Seriously! lol

I read on Vet Info to add more fiber to his diet (pumpkin) which I'm doing tonight and chilled Witch Hazel on a cotton ball 3x daily pressing until it turns warm.

Just never thought about Hemorrhoids in a dog before.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I am surprised as well, just never thought about it either.

Let us know if the treatment works or not. Wilson's baby pics
were really something, one of the handsomest pups ever and
just in love with his baby personality in the videos. I see WHY
you've tolerated him being a PITA!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Can't say I ever thought about it either. Tonight I just found a cyst in between Sally's toes. It's been a busy night that's for sure. Dog fight, ran out of food and thought I had another bag, slipped on a nylabone, screen door fell off and I haven't eaten yet. :D

I have Prep H will have to check that out.

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
Can't say I ever thought about it either. Tonight I just found a cyst in between Sally's toes. It's been a busy night that's for sure. Dog fight, ran out of food and thought I had another bag, slipped on a nylabone, screen door fell off and I haven't eaten yet. :D

I have Prep H will have to check that out.

Oh my goodness! that is a rough night. I hope your babies aren't in pain and you get to eat and rest. What is PITA?

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh my goodness! that is a rough night. I hope your babies aren't in pain and you get to eat and rest. What is PITA?

No kidding. Eating now and it's 8:30. The fight happened with Wilson & Jack shortly after I got home. To get off subject for a moment, I was sitting down on a bench in the backyard and my neighbor who just got back from vacation was mowing his lawn. I got up to say howdy to him and before I knew it they were fighting. Jack had Wilson by the head dragging him. I couldn't latch on to Wilson and Emma was egging them on following them. About 25' and now on the other side of the yard I finally got him and got Jack to let go. Wilson's the gamey one and won't stop so I need to get ahold of him first. No one was hurt and Wilson only has a small scratch on his ear. Sally stayed back and she was barking being top guard dog now barking at the neighbor. I was laughing inside and wanting to beat the other two at the same time.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
No kidding. Eating now and it's 8:30. The fight happened with Wilson & Jack shortly after I got home. To get off subject for a moment, I was sitting down on a bench in the backyard and my neighbor who just got back from vacation was mowing his lawn. I got up to say howdy to him and before I knew it they were fighting. Jack had Wilson by the head dragging him. I couldn't latch on to Wilson and Emma was egging them on following them. About 25' and now on the other side of the yard I finally got him and got Jack to let go. Wilson's the gamey one and won't stop so I need to get ahold of him first. No one was hurt and Wilson only has a small scratch on his ear. Sally stayed back and she was barking being top guard dog now barking at the neighbor. I was laughing inside and wanting to beat the other two at the same time.
OMG you poor thing. You deserve a large glass of wine. It one of those days where nothing seems to go right and you have to either laugh or cry.. I hope your babies get better soon. You might want to try Tucks for the hemorrhoid. So you dont end up with Peperation H all over your carpet. Spot Bot is the best investment when you have pets especially bully pups that take a while to potty train :no:

Last edited:
OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG you poor thing. You deserve a large glass of wine. It one of those days where nothing seems to go right and you have to either laugh or cry.. I hope your babies get better soon. You might want to try Tucks for the hemorrhoid. So you dont end up with Peperation H all over your carpet. Spot Bot is the best investment when you have pets especially bully pups that take a while to potty train :no:
I always try to laugh. Dontcha just hate it when these things happens. It's all good and then WHAM! It's one thing after another. I'm surprised I didn't spill the coffee grinds all over too.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG!! Who'd a thunk bulls got those!! Sorry you had a bad night!! Sheesh!! Poor Wilson and Sally. :help1:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
prep H will work on Sally's IDC too!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I can't be looking at the pic right because I'm not sue I see the haemorrhoid ... but it can't harm to do everything you're doing!!!!

I feel your pain on the dog fights ... we're going through a bad patch with Bear and Daddy again. Maybe it's the hot weather!!! :nope:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG!! Who'd a thunk bulls got those!! Sorry you had a bad night!! Sheesh!! Poor Wilson and Sally. :help1:
I know huh? From what I read at Vet Info Bulldogs are in the top three.

prep H will work on Sally's IDC too!
Oh thank you Kim!

I can't be looking at the pic right because I'm not sue I see the haemorrhoid ... but it can't harm to do everything you're doing!!!!

I feel your pain on the dog fights ... we're going through a bad patch with Bear and Daddy again. Maybe it's the hot weather!!! :nope:
It's not inflammed at all huh? I thought it would be but I just don't remember seeing it and I expressed his anal glands first thinking that was it. The next couple of days will tell though. It was their first fight outside. It totally took me by surprise and I had my back to them when it happened. Lets just say they knew I was not happy about it when it was all said and done. ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.