Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus has a skin issue going on .... .he has numerous scaly, crusty patches all over his back. I don't know if this is something that requires an Antibiotic, or a medicated shampoo. He is on WELLNESS CORE Reduced-Fat Grain Free Diet dry food and WELLNESS CORE
Weight management canned food. These scaly crusty patches are not going away and I don't know if this is something I can treat or he needs a trip to the Veternarian.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Going to the vet sounds like a good idea.

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Im of no help on this but Ive noticed a few on Colossus lately too. On Colossus they are almost like bites that have scabbed over, two on his chin, one on his inner thigh. He wont stay still long enough to get a picture.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, go to the vet -- could need antibiotics.

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Maximus has a skin issue going on .... .he has numerous scaly, crusty patches all over his back. I don't know if this is something that requires an Antibiotic, or a medicated shampoo. He is on WELLNESS CORE Reduced-Fat Grain Free Diet dry food and WELLNESS CORE
Weight management canned food. These scaly crusty patches are not going away and I don't know if this is something I can treat or he needs a trip to the Veternarian.

Could we get a pic? Bo has some akin stuff going on too and we can't figure out what it is :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon had a couple on his front shoulder that seem to be getting better. Please keep us updated!

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge

Sounds to me what I deal with every 3-6 months - 14 days or more of antibiotics always get rid of it quick, usually in just 1-2 days. I've been told it's staph and result of allergies. Just dealt with a bad round of it that came back after a few days off the antibiotics, got more, and ordered allergy shots and am hoping they work so I don't have to keep dealing with the vet so often.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
PS Hope he's fine - let us know how it goes!

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
His back is unchanged - I am going to bathe him with Kerotolux shampoo - but he goes to the Vet on Saturday, so I'm sure he'll end up on Antibiotics. This is the 2nd or 3rd time he has had this skin condition on his back. I was hoping to be able to get a name for it. But I'll ask the Vet when I see him. thanks everyone .

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
His back is unchanged - I am going to bathe him with Kerotolux shampoo - but he goes to the Vet on Saturday, so I'm sure he'll end up on Antibiotics. This is the 2nd or 3rd time he has had this skin condition on his back. I was hoping to be able to get a name for it. But I'll ask the Vet when I see him. thanks everyone .

Anxious to hear how the visit goes and what it is called. Take Care

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Keep us posted I'm curious as to what it is as well.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Most Reactions