RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Sunday, Gizmo kept going after Hershey trying to lick his tail area, ok, she does try to lick him, but not usually that area. So I go to check him out after she's been trying this a few times in a few hours.

Oh NUTS ! we have Tail issues with Hershey ! ! ! (for those of you that didnt know, we had to go through Tail Surgery for Gizmo due to a deep tail pocket which wouldnt heal properly)

Long story short, I got him to the Vet immediately Monday morning, and its an infection / hot spot. Our poor boy is so uncomfortable. The Vet gave him an injection, and we have a prescription spray for his tail. He thinks someone is nibbling at his backside, and is to the point of backing into his kennel and not coming out. I had to put water under his chin for him to drink (While he is in the kennel) and the same with some of his food.

The poor boy scoots, and spins, and just can't get comfortable. I'm glad we had some of his pain meds left over from before his knee surgery. I'm hoping that it helps him. I'm thinking that when they clipped the hair around his tail, that he's getting poked now by the hair, I'm not sure, but he isnt a happy Hershey right now :(

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Poor Hershey! That must feel terrible. Do you think he would sit on an ice pack hidden under a towel in his crate? It might give him some relief.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh no...not our Mr Popular, I just hate to know he's miserable :(

Starting prayers right now that it immediately heals and no more
problems for him.

Btw...love your new avatar of them...love it! GOD bless!

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I didnt think of an IcePack... he's finally asleep. I just worry about him being uncomfortable, and I really dont like him laying in his kennel, eating and drinking that way (afraid of Bloat) But he needs to get food and water in, in order to be strong to heal.

poor little butt :(

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I didnt think of an IcePack... he's finally asleep. I just worry about him being uncomfortable, and I really dont like him laying in his kennel, eating and drinking that way (afraid of Bloat) But he needs to get food and water in, in order to be strong to heal.

​Wonder if the Verimycin would be helpful?

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I have no advice to offer...just support and sympathy! Sending hugs and love to Hershey!:pray2:

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
What a good Gizzy! She knew something was wrong with her Hershey and was trying to make him feel better with her sweet little toofies. Prayers for Hershey that the spot heals quickly and he finds some comfort today but I'm sure he will with you and Gizmo taking such good care of him. Mac and Cleo send get well wishes.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH... poor fella.... hope he heals up quick. Do you think it is Giz doing the butt nibbles?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh man I hope it heals quickly! Poor little Hershey! Give him a hug from us :hug:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hugs to Hershey! And also to Gizzy for
Being a good big sister! Hope it heals
Quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Sorry to hear that Rick..Hope Hershey heals quickly..its so stressful when theres something wrong with these guys! Praying for Hershey to get better fast!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"

I haven't had to deal with hot spots yet Rick, my vet and I had the talk last visit, and he told me if I wanted to try any medicated shampoo etc he would write the prescription, however I haven't done so yet, bug constantly keep checking them both. Hope Hershey gets to feeling better soon, and big sister for being there for him. You'll have to tell me how you came up with that name sometime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Hey Rick maybe try putting a little desitin on it to sooth the irritation, when Bacon's nose rope got raw and he kept trying to scratch it we found it would sooth him. Just a thought [MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.