Is this mange?

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
So Tubby was at the vet's on Saturday as he has developped some bumps on his head. No redness or scabbing just crusty bumps. When the doctor examined him he noticed an infection in the wrinkles between his eyes and prescribed Fuciderm.
Tubby's dad just sent me this picture of Tubby. From the research I've done looks like mange. We're waiting on a call back from the vet.
IMG_6077.jpg

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
To me it doesn't look like mange, but other's will chime in, maybe a staff infection?? Vegas had sores on his back legs and it turned out to be staff. I think mange is where they loose all their fur, not just sores.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hmm: Oh [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]..... whatcha think?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm thinking allergy or something bacterial like staph, doesn't look like mange but with these guys you never know.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
We ended up taking him in and she agreed with you guys that it looks like a bacterial infection. They did a skin scrapping so we will find out soon what it is. Poor little guy were set to leave for Florida on Friday and I feel like the worst mom ever leaving him

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
yep, I was just chiming in, staph infection , sometimes called Dermatitis . @Chumely just went through this too. Jack and Griz get it sometimes. Both of them are just drying up small scab's now. I try to dry the heck out of em . I think lots of bully's get some sort of skin infections during June , July , August, the heat and grass's brings out the worst in most. Hang in there and let us know if you need any reassuring

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] do you have any suggestions on what I should be using to clean the affected area. Currently I use unscented baby wipes then apply the fuciderm

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.