What are the benefits of salmon oil vs coconut oil?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Salmon oil tastes better!!!!!! (I HAAAATE Coconut) :laugh:

me tooo!! Coconut BLAW!!

Lisa try stopping all oil. See if that helps. Buster got chin acne when he was the same age and it has never gone away. But I know that when they get older it goes away. Not always but most of the time. I honestly think it's a Bully teenage thing like 12 and 13 year old skin kids that the parents have to take them to the dermatologist because they get acne. We all get it in one way or the other. It's just one of those things.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
NO coconut anything for me!!!!! BLEEECH!!! I see no problem with giving them both. May want to reduce the amount of each a little tho.

So you prefer salmon creme pie? Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
me tooo!! Coconut BLAW!!

Lisa try stopping all oil. See if that helps. Buster got chin acne when he was the same age and it has never gone away. But I know that when they get older it goes away. Not always but most of the time. I honestly think it's a Bully teenage thing like 12 and 13 year old skin kids that the parents have to take them to the dermatologist because they get acne. We all get it in one way or the other. It's just one of those things.

you are prolly right. Soo..no coconut pie for you either then... Lol

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
HAHAHAHAHA!

So, if you were in jail n the only way to get out was to get to the nail file....in the middle of a coconut pie which you would have to eat to avoid leaving any evidence...you wouldn't eat it to get free?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So, if you were in jail n the only way to get out was to get to the nail file....in the middle of a coconut pie which you would have to eat to avoid leaving any evidence...you wouldn't eat it to get free?

I would eat it :D:D I don't know about [MENTION=3639]Bruce[/MENTION] though.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
You won't have a problem with bad smell if you use coconut oil plus you can use it yourself for nutrition and/or as a moisturizer, its great for that purpose. I have given coconut oil in the past to Ace but after the initial eating he didn't care for it and haven't tried it much since then. The kibble I feed has Omega 3's in it and I also, as a regular topper on the kibble, at least once a week and often more times than that, use tuna or salmon, [the fish not the oil] which Ace loves as does the maltese. Both are excellent sources of protein and Omega 3

Last edited:

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
I agree that the oil staying on the chin could be causing clogged pores. Keeping the area dry after eating and drinking may also help reduce the redness and the amount of acne. If you really want to treat it you can wash the acne area with antibacterial soap daily. Good Luck!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
You won't have a problem with bad smell if you use coconut oil plus you can use it yourself for nutrition and/or as a moisturizer, its great for that purpose. I have given coconut oil in the past to Ace but after the initial eating he didn't care for it and haven't tried it much since then. The kibble I feed has Omega 3's in it and I also, as a regular topper on the kibble, at least once a week and often more times than that, use tuna or salmon, [the fish not the oil] which Ace loves as does the maltese. Both are excellent sources of protein and Omega 3

A couple of sardines is a great topping too, use the water packed.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
She is only 7 months old, I would give her some time to grow out of it, think of it like she is a teenager with acne right now. Bacon's got real bad around that age and then subsided as he got older. He is 1 and a half now and gets an occasional pimple.

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
She is only 7 months old, I would give her some time to grow out of it, think of it like she is a teenager with acne right now. Bacon's got real bad around that age and then subsided as he got older. He is 1 and a half now and gets an occasional pimple.

Thank you. She does lick her 2 front paws for a bit at night when laying in bed, but she is prolly just cleaning them..and also at night sometimes she makes this blowing out of her nose sound. Could be trying to clear nose, could be inverted sneeze .who knows. But nothing frantic. I've started wiping her paws after her last walk to see if maybe its outside. She did have some dander but the oil stopped it. So, maybe whatever could be bugging her is not food related at all.
This is her chin: grrrr still sideways..can you still see?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Thank you. She does lick her 2 front paws for a bit at night when laying in bed, but she is prolly just cleaning them..and also at night sometimes she makes this blowing out of her nose sound. Could be trying to clear nose, could be inverted sneeze .who knows. But nothing frantic. I've started wiping her paws after her last walk to see if maybe its outside. She did have some dander but the oil stopped it. So, maybe whatever could be bugging her is not food related at all.
This is her chin: grrrr still sideways..can you still see?

Her chin looks fine, it's probably just growing up acne, Bacon's was much works then that. He had almost no fun on his chin when he went through that phase it was just really raw and painful looking all the time.

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Her chin looks fine, it's probably just growing up acne, Bacon's was much works then that. He had almost no fun on his chin when he went through that phase it was just really raw and painful looking all the time.

Ok then. I'll just see ow things go. Thank you so much for all your help! :2thumbs:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Mmmmm...did somebody say, COCONUTS?! Yum, Yum!!! :)
[MENTION=9236]Lisabear123[/MENTION], I've been using coconut oil for about 1month now--putting 1 teaspoon twice a day in the boy's food as well as cooking with it. This morning I also put a bunch on myself b/c my skin's so dry and itchy. Oh, but on to the bullies...I just started putting some on Finn's coat and paws this a.m. b/c he is such an itchy bugger! He licks his paws often and i'm wondering if it's more a habitual thing of his or if he truly is itchy. Nevertheless, i'm trying to see if the coconut oil as a topical will help him. The chin acne is something i've dealt with in both boys too and definitely using stainless steel bowls as well as wiping their faces dry after drinking and eating has helped a lot.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.