Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
It's hard to get n super close and still be n focus so hopefully you lot can still see.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 150

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
yep, that's chin acne, keeping it dry works the best for us, wipe his chin after drinking

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I wipe it, I just want to make sure I not going to make it worse by using witch hazel or ha-chlor wipes on it. It looked like acne to me, but you never know...lol Thank you Sherry!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Both my boys have had (occas. still do) get chin acne, Lisa. Like Sherry said, keep it dry espec. after drinking and eating. I'm constantly chasing them around with a towel. If it starts bleeding or gets worse u may want to have the vet look at it and they may need to rx some antibiotics. Hopefully won't need to tho :)

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Both my boys have had (occas. still do) get chin acne, Lisa. Like Sherry said, keep it dry espec. after drinking and eating. I'm constantly chasing them around with a towel. If it starts bleeding or gets worse u may want to have the vet look at it and they may need to rx some antibiotics. Hopefully won't need to tho :)

will do Henny, cheers :) I've got to take her to vet Thurs so I'll have them check it just in case. In the meantime, I wipe n she eats the towel..lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yep it sure does look like it, hope it heals quickly. Clean & dry as [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] said, should help it heal.

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Will do Lisa, cheers to you as well! :) I'm also alternating w witch hazel and hexachlor wipes. My Poor lil fathead just needs a break!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace had a pretty bad case of it for a while and still has a few now occasionally. I tried various things from witch hazel, stridex pads, triple antibiotic cream and etc. You should keep it clean and if some of them bleed, which they probably will while he is playing and rubs some of them pretty hard, then of course clean and medicate as needed. Nothing really seemed to work real well but I treated and kept clean anyway of course. But what seemed to help as much as anything ( I read somewhere on the internet) is to dampen the wash rag in really warm water, not so hot that it would burn but as warm as you might use when taking a warm bath or shower. Squeeze the excess water out of the rag and hold it still quite warm on his chin area where the acne is. It helps open the pores and cleans it up better it seems. That's what I started doing when it cleared up. Again it may have just been that he adjusted to the hormones much like a teenager with pimples and it naturally subsides until another outbreak, but it did seem to help.

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I will try the warm wash cloth method as well. Thank you for the suggestion! I'm assuming it is. Result of her eating n drinking not allergies? Or can acne course w allergies as well?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Could be allergies, what kind of food and water bowls do you use? Stainless Steel is the #1 used bowls here, plastic bowls can break the chin out. As the others have said keep it dry, I keep shammies right by Vegas water bowl and I make sure to dry him every time he drinks, not only for his chin, but for the sake of my floors!!! lol

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus used to get this! We used Noxema pads and at times I would apply animax ointment(great to have on hand) we use stainless steel bowels
And I try to keep him dry after drinking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Could be allergies, what kind of food and water bowls do you use? Stainless Steel is the #1 used bowls here, plastic bowls can break the chin out. As the others have said keep it dry, I keep shammies right by Vegas water bowl and I make sure to dry him every time he drinks, not only for his chin, but for the sake of my floors!!! lol

We use stainless steal mad I do my best to wipe her chin after ever drink and meal. Lol I know what you mean about soaking the floors! I'm just wondering if it a puppy thing, bully chin thing or if he is having a reaction to food etc. it's so hard to tell sometimes!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.