My poor baby has a skin infection.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Thanks for all the advice from everyone. Its already starting to look a little better and acting a little more like himself. We're gonna give it another day or so and if we dont see a change after the home remedies we'll take him in. Really appreciate the advice and warm welcome from everyone! :)

Can you shave the area? Keeping the fur off it will help dry it up. Hope it is getting better for your baby!

OP
C

cheeseburger123

Jul 13, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cheeseburger
I don't think he'll let us shave it. I agree with the possibility of it being the collar. The last skin infection he had was from his last collar.We bought a kong brand because it seemed to have more cushion but I think it absorbed the sweat and may caused the infection. Any advice on the type of collar you guys all use.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Ouch. I hope it starts to heal soon!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I don't think he'll let us shave it. I agree with the possibility of it being the collar. The last skin infection he had was from his last collar.We bought a kong brand because it seemed to have more cushion but I think it absorbed the sweat and may caused the infection. Any advice on the type of collar you guys all use.

we don't keep a collar on Lola at all, when we do leave the house we use a harness

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
We just use a regular leather collar, but use a harness to walk her. She never has any if it on when at hone tho. Try keeping the collar off her and use a harness for a bit to see if the helps any?

OP
C

cheeseburger123

Jul 13, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cheeseburger
We just use a regular leather collar, but use a harness to walk her. She never has any if it on when at hone tho. Try keeping the collar off her and use a harness for a bit to see if the helps any?

We did that for a while and just had a harness on him, and we'll go back to that. But I'm gonna look in to getting him a leather collar then and just keep it off at home. Thanks to everyone for all the advice! This site has been so helpful!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
We did that for a while and just had a harness on him, and we'll go back to that. But I'm gonna look in to getting him a leather collar then and just keep it off at home. Thanks to everyone for all the advice! This site has been so helpful!

Hope cheeseburger gets better soon!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.