Constipation- need advice

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Hey guys- so this doesn't pertain to my bully's but to my g/f 3Lb Chihuaha. He seems to be constipated he strains to go- he doesn't go much as he is raw fed but he has been going even less now. I know it's the food it has too much bone, we are switching to a new protein, still raw. Any suggestions to alleviate this?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Do you feed pray model...?...can't remember...Pureed veggies and just less or no bone should loosen things up...

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I have used buttermilk in the past and it worked plus Ace likes it. Pumpkin good too they say but Ace doesn't care for it

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Do you feed pray model...?...can't remember...Pureed veggies and just less or no bone should loosen things up...

I feed barf- this batch of food I switched to a commercially packaged brand "bravo" it has too much bone- thank god I'm through this batch of food and I am going back to ground product straight from the processor.

- - - Updated - - -

Also what veggies do you recommend? He is a picky eater.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Really anything that goes down and is pureed well.
My Usko is a picky eater too and won't eat any veggies if he can recognize them as veggies...I have to puree them and mix with meat and on top of that he also doesn't eat anything smashed so I freeze the mix and chop it to bits....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.