Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Bulldog Stinks

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sharamar n Sergios little lou - aka Louie
    Likes (Received)

WOW ok...will have them check his thyroid too...Many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Yes, I would definately mention it to the vet.

@Lindathedogsmaid: Linda, didn't Sara smell all the time? I remember batheing her every other day, she had such a horrible fishy smell, and when I was sending her to you we got the vet check before she got on the plane and it ended up being her thyroid level was bad?

@ljds923: lj, you may also suggest to your vet to have his thyroid checked, if I am right about the above, if it does not seem to be allergies. A thyroid check in a bully is always a good idea anyway.

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member Lindathedogsmaid's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda Parks- 360 681 5089
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pippa & Peanut
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

No the odor emanates from all the pores of the skin. and it will be a reaction to a given food. rather than any other reactions. like itching,body parts. the dog may show no other reactions than the smells.you would be wasting your money on an allergy dermatologist. as it is close to 1000.00 for those tests!
    the least expensive/least evasive action is the food source!
    But as I have discovered many times. the individual dog does not process the base of meat which is usually a rancid combination of meats/by-products/oils/grease from the rendering plants to make the food. You can open a bag of good food, and smell. and then open a bag of common food from a pet store/petsmart/grocery store. and smell. it will make you sick!!! and defiantly remind you of grease/stale grease!

Real Name
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pippa & Peanut
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

No Lisa she did not because of the food I fed her. once a week and they were always nice smelling, yes she had to go onto thyroid pills for life but no smell once food was changed. I have never had any smell because I always have fed the top 3 foods on the market , in rating and research. but dogs can show thyroid off balance with a course dry brittle fur, or bitchiness,or temper, that is the number one symptom of a LOW --- thyroid.!!!! becoming skinny and still hungry and eating lots is a sign of over active thyroid!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My Bulldog Stinks

Update, Louie is doing much better now, he has switched to a vegetarian diet and it seems that dog food, was indeed the culprit. Louie was sensitive to meat proteins.

@ljds923 I hope you don't mind I update this topic, because if you scroll down it has been found through many google searches.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pippa & Peanut
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

please try the Fromm food instead of vegetarian food, dogs are carnivores, they need protein most of all. then fruit and veggies, very little carbs, long term veggies consumption will cause life long issues.
    when the dogs have a body odor-- it is one of two things 99% of the time. poor quality food -- or a yeast infection over a major portion of the dogs body, for the yeast infection they will need a round of antibiotics, and several baths of 50/50 % apple cider vinegar/water. paws/ears/tail area/face wrinkles. but I have cleared up a German Shepard with a 80% body coverage of yeast infection coverage. odor on the body , will usually be poor quality food that has mostly meat by products (you do not want to know )with many chemicals also. please give it a try, and keep me posted.
    If you have a question regarding dog food, or behavior! call or e-mail me anytime.
    Linda Parks
    360-681-5089
    bullysmum@gmail.com

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lindathedogsmaid View Post
    please try the Fromm food instead of vegetarian food, dogs are carnivores, they need protein most of all. then fruit and veggies, very little carbs, long term veggies consumption will cause life long issues.
    when the dogs have a body odor-- it is one of two things 99% of the time. poor quality food -- or a yeast infection over a major portion of the dogs body, for the yeast infection they will need a round of antibiotics, and several baths of 50/50 % apple cider vinegar/water. paws/ears/tail area/face wrinkles. but I have cleared up a German Shepard with a 80% body coverage of yeast infection coverage. odor on the body , will usually be poor quality food that has mostly meat by products (you do not want to know )with many chemicals also. please give it a try, and keep me posted.
    Thanks for the info.... Louie has been on some high quality foods and some low quality...nothing seems to change for him no matter what he is on... I have even tried meat diet only and that is when he was at his worse...The veg food helps but does not keep it totally gone... he has been on many, many rounds of antibiotics...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ljds923 View Post
    WOW ok...will have them check his thyroid too...Many thanks!
    We did have a thyroid test done and he was on the high side of normal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads