New Bully owner, need help!

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I recently like the past week switched Beefy to By Nature. I didnt really have to transition because he was on a raw bland diet. I mixed the white rice and chicken with about 1/2 cup of food and yesterday he was on all By nature. Today I already noticed his stool hardening!!!! YAY he also has to take a probiotic/enzyte supplement twice a day. I would give the food a good 4 weeks before you switch again Natures Logic is a GREAT food but you will find what works for Paulie.

OP
BigMacAttack

BigMacAttack

Nov 5, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Paulie
Thanks Meg!!

And thanks everyone else as well! This site is awesome! Now that I'm actually DRYING Paulies folds...for some reason I thought the Spray and wipes I have automatically dried the folds....but anyway, since I've began drying them, the yeast has cleared up perfectly. I had some drying spray that really helped, and the boric wipes are solid too.

I can tell you about the food a little bit. He's been on the Salmon Oil (grizzly company, SP?) and the new food, Natures Logic Venison kibble, for two days now. His poops are in between. Mornings seem to be firmer. A little loser towards night time. But he LOVES the food. I don't know if it's cleaning up his allergies?

ON A SIMILAR NOTE: When should I see results from his food switch? Meaning when should I see the allergic reactions stop, IE the patches of hair being gone etc... Does the hair fall out or does it just get better and eventually cover up?

The antibiotics have done wonders on the two little scabs he ripped open. They've healed in two or three days are are gone, replaced by fresh skin. Still a little patchy though. It doesn't SEEM to be spreading, but how can I be sure!?

Anyway, he seems to be doing better, and I think I just need more patience. Can't all happen in 4 days, ya know?

Thanks again everyone :) Amazing forum!

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
How is Paulie doing? I just switched all my dogs to Canidae and it seems to be really good they love it. If you decide that you want a good vet for Paulie and want to drive to So cal there is a really good vet here that works with bullies all the time.. Good luck and I hope to see pictures soon...

Members online

No members online now.