Thread: Skin issue!

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Skin issue!

Hope your guy is doing well! I like to use Etiderm shampoo @Bo'sMamaGirl also I recently purchased Hexeden which has nice reviews but haven't tried it yet. I know people have different opinions, but I think if you have a dog that seems to have allergies or you know has allergies, bathing often helps get rid of allergens such as pollen, etc. on their fur. I need to find an article I read where there was a study that supported this, by a group of doggie dermatologists. I know I should bathe more often than I do and my vet agreed it would probably help, esp. during a flare up. We can control their food, but not the environment so easily.

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bulliemommi View Post
    Hope your guy is doing well! I like to use Etiderm shampoo @Bo'sMamaGirl also I recently purchased Hexeden which has nice reviews but haven't tried it yet. I know people have different opinions, but I think if you have a dog that seems to have allergies or you know has allergies, bathing often helps get rid of allergens such as pollen, etc. on their fur. I need to find an article I read where there was a study that supported this, by a group of doggie dermatologists. I know I should bathe more often than I do and my vet agreed it would probably help, esp. during a flare up. We can control their food, but not the environment so easily.
    I would imagine that your theory is probably right. Thank you for the insight!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about Bulldogs.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

He's uses Paul Mitchell for dogs oatmeal shampoo I believe.

​Oatmeal, even in shampoo can cause problems...I'd quit using on him.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bo'sMamaGirl View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to keep an eye on it. It never acts like it bothers him or itches so we will 'wait and see'. If someone has the name of an anti-fungal/ anti-bacterial shampoo to recommend, I'd be appreciative. I do have the k hexa-chlor wipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could use tea tree oil if you are looking for something organic, or you could get a spray like this

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...-Itch-Reliever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads