RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I personally think the "Grain Free Revolution" has been fed into, due to alot of the 'low quality' foods are corn based, Corn being the 1st ingredient in the low budget foods.

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Interesting discussion. Dug this thread up via the search function.

Started a food diary for Holly a few months ago and will add some of these points to those pages. We started a diary because it's just too much to remember if you haven't been extensively exposed to this stuff. We are slowly but surely trying to fix Hollys yeast problems. I feel like such a bad bully parent :ashamed:

I think the grain free thing has taken off because it's the easiest thing you can do for your pup. Even people like me can figure out how to go pick up a bag of grain free kibble! :cheers:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
You know, whether or not the article has truth in it or not, doesn't make a difference to me. The fact remains that dogs don't require grains for a healthy diet.
And considering that we're constantly battling a yeast infection no matter what we try, the last thing I want to do is introduce anything else that may contribute to the problem.

The part that I find interesting is where they say this:

"Fact: A nutritious balanced diet is required for a pet.
No one disagrees with this statement, except the
anti-grain groups which strongly believe that grain
negatively impact's a pets immune system, thereby causing yeast growth. etc. etc."

But, not once do they mention what that "nutritious diet" should be. Also, they never come out and say grains should be part of it. Why not? Why not list the benefits of grain in dog food? Umm, cause there really aren't any (aside from specific conditions where grain could be helpful).
Further down the writer mentions that grains are an excellent source of protein!! Yes, we know they're used as a cheap alternative to real meat!! This is a health benefit? ROFL... man, if I saw this in my Vets office - I'd go off on my Vet.

The article is just pure dribble. A rant against any group that calls out the dog food industry for the **** they put in our pets food. The writer should be ashamed of themselves for having the nerve to waste my time on such diatribe. Give me back the last five minutes of my life please!

Members online

No members online now.