Help Needed! So Worried

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..I'm sorry you were feeling so worried. It seems to happen to all of us at some time. Jake did this for awhile, always at like 4 in the morning. Turns out it was from an empty tummy too! :( I now give him a rice cake..wheat and unsalted, every night before bed..has totally stopped. I hope Winston is the same...

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Yes..I'm sorry you were feeling so worried. It seems to happen to all of us at some time. Jake did this for awhile, always at like 4 in the morning. Turns out it was from an empty tummy too! :( I now give him a rice cake..wheat and unsalted, every night before bed..has totally stopped. I hope Winston is the same...

Thank you!! :) Maybe on my trip to get the pepcid I will also look for some rice cakes.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That will work, that happened not to long ago to [MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION]. Empty belly makes them sick and the rice cakes help. Buster when he was a baby was coughing up bad phlem and the vet told us to do this. :heart: to Winston.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
That will work, that happened not to long ago to @Baconator. Empty belly makes them sick and the rice cakes help. Buster when he was a baby was coughing up bad phlem and the vet told us to do this. :heart: to Winston.

Thank you!! :) Yes I remember reading that post, hopefully it works for Winston too! How is Buster doing??

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He is doing wonderful, the swelling is all down and the med's are working. He has 3 more weeks to go on the cephalexine. Thank you for asking :D:D

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh I'm glad everything's okay... Hopefully the vomiting will stop soon ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Hello everyone, I am new to this so bare with me:eek:) Loki is about 18 months old very happy healthy active little boy. Recently in the morning he seems to be coughing and clearing his throat a lot, the last 2 mornings he has been coughing up white phlegm. He does have allergies and benedryl seems to help him quite a bit but as well all know watching them cough is very scary and hard on their little squished faces. I was wondering if you all had any advice on something that we can do to help him get the phlegm out? He was recently at the vet for his yearly exam and she said that he is healthy and everything seems to be ok with him. He is on Nutrisource Lamb food that we switched him to after he developed food allergies. This is his 4th bag of it he hasn't seemed to have any problems with it, well nothing like the hives and lethargy that he was with his previous food. Any thoughts or recommendations for our little boy? Thanks everyone

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hello everyone, I am new to this so bare with me:eek:) Loki is about 18 months old very happy healthy active little boy. Recently in the morning he seems to be coughing and clearing his throat a lot, the last 2 mornings he has been coughing up white phlegm. He does have allergies and benedryl seems to help him quite a bit but as well all know watching them cough is very scary and hard on their little squished faces. I was wondering if you all had any advice on something that we can do to help him get the phlegm out? He was recently at the vet for his yearly exam and she said that he is healthy and everything seems to be ok with him. He is on Nutrisource Lamb food that we switched him to after he developed food allergies. This is his 4th bag of it he hasn't seemed to have any problems with it, well nothing like the hives and lethargy that he was with his previous food. Any thoughts or recommendations for our little boy? Thanks everyone

Welcome to the site! I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your little guy. Winston has coughed up some white phlegm occasionally but his was due to the fact that he ate or drank water too fast! I am sure seasonal allergies can cause it too especially if the vet checked him out and ruled out any other health issues. A squirt of lemon juice has always worked for us in the past. I am sure others will be along shortly! I hope your little guy is feeling better soon!

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey

Benadryl is one of the greatest drugs ever. The drawback to it however is it only lasts 6 hours at a time. In order for it to be working when Loki wakes up in the morning you would have to be up in the middle of the night giving it. You might want to stop the Benadryl and do a 7 day trial of Claritan (loratadine generic is fine). The dosing is 1 pill every 24hrs. If Loki gets worse during this time go back on the Benadryl. As Loki grows adjust his Benadryl dose accordingly 1mg per 1 lb of Loki every 8 hrs.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.