Another tear stain post.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Hey guys, I know there are countless tear stain threads, I have tried everything from protein changes, bottled water, milk of magnesia mixture, and nothing seems to work.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duoxo pads come in a container of 30. Cant beat it. You can get it on Amazon on sale.

cmillers4

Jan 2, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Yukon (RIP), Chaplin and Valentino
so glad I am not the only one who struggles to no avail, but sorry for you! I know it is frustrating!

Hannah

Dec 16, 2012
Las Vegas
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer, Hannah and Mia
I am having the same problem. I took Hannah to the vets and she has eyelashes the rub her eye that causes tearing. He has been freezing them and it seems to help.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Duoxo pads come in a container of 30. Cant beat it. You can get it on Amazon on sale.

I have to second this about the duoxo pads. I saw this on a post a couple of weeks ago and bought them...it's like a miracle! I just could not believe how well it worked on Dudley!:2thumbs:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I don't think i've tried the Duoxo pads yet myself. Tate has pretty bad tear stains at the moment. I think it has to do with the dietary change. He was on homecooking for several months then I took a break and put him on NVI lamb and the tear stains got worse. So, now he's back on home cooking. I'm also putting some ACV in his dinner every day to see if that will have an effect.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I have the hexachlor-k pads the vet gave me. I know thy are similar. Are they used daily on tear stains?

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I do use the duoxo pads. I want to stay away from angel eyes due to the negative things I have read regarding the active ingediant, there are countless other "natural" powders supplements but they are pricey- I don'tind paying if I just knew one that had been tried with sucess.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
How often are you guys using the duoxo? I use them once in the evening.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I do use the duoxo pads. I want to stay away from angel eyes due to the negative things I have read regarding the active ingediant, there are countless other "natural" powders supplements but they are pricey- I don'tind paying if I just knew one that had been tried with sucess.

Angel eyes is like throwing your money in the trash. Use the pads every single day faithfully and like [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] said use apple cider vinegar in the water every day it works.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We took Gizmo and Hershey *OFF* of Salmon, and without anything else special, their Tear Stains are about non-existent now

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I've been using the Duoxo pads for about a week, but Winston does have some staining on his neck as well. How long does it take them to work? I need to try the apple cider vinegar...

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
What are you feeding right now??

They both are raw fed, with duchess I've tried different proteins, I'm going to increase the duoxo cleaning from once a day to twice a day, I've always put acv in their food now ill add it to the water also, and I will continue to use bottled spring water for them.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've been using the Duoxo pads for about a week, but Winston does have some staining on his neck as well. How long does it take them to work? I need to try the apple cider vinegar...

you can use the pads on his neck too.

They both are raw fed, with duchess I've tried different proteins, I'm going to increase the duoxo cleaning from once a day to twice a day, I've always put acv in their food now ill add it to the water also, and I will continue to use bottled spring water for them.

Let me know how it goes.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.