dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Hello everyone,

My pup's one testicle hasn't dropped yet he is 9weeks old. is this something to worry about? and is this hereditary? at what age do they usually drop? because of his cold i forgot to tell his breeder about it. would it affect his health if it doesn't drop at all?

Thank you guys! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Do not htink it is a concern until he is older.... l'll tag a few puppy guru's to help.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake's didn't drop until he was about 7 months old..if, it doesn't eventually drop on its own, the vet will want to take it out..can be a cancer risk as they age. But...no worries now! :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Not to worry yet, sometimes they take a little longer to drop. I have heard of some taking up to 10 months of age before they drop.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes they can take a while to drop, at 9 weeks its not expected yet to have both. Vets will point it out upon an exam but certainly nothing to worry about.

If it does not drop then it will need to be found and removed when he gets nuetered.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Busters second didn't drop until he was 7 months old.

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
wow takes that long to drop. my husband and i are checking everyday if it dropped already :biglaugh: good thing i asked here. thank you very much for the info!

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Dukes were both down by 8 weeks. My vet and a few long time breeders I know all agree that it has to do with genetics.

Richard Jones

Dec 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nate
My Nate had one testicle that did not drop for a few months also. Our vet could not even feel it. I asked him if I should be concerned, he said no, that it may take some time to drop. I asked what if it didn't, he said it would just make fixing him a little more difficulty, however, he was not concerned. Nate did eventually drop, and we are in the process of having him fixed in the next month. He is now 9months.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.