Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great advise above, plus I don't know if you leave his collar on or not, but if you do, i would leave it off when he is not on a walk. Hope he gets better soon.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Man that neck looks like its had some where and tear on that neck, rubbed raw if you will . perhaps a narrow chain would be better. the skin would have time to dry out more quickly

TomVan

Jun 5, 2013
Missouri
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Zoey
Sorry about Tonka. Hope you get a handle on his problem and he gets better soon. I'm no expert but what about a harness to keep anything off his neck? Good luck!

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
poor baby....so sorry.... it looks painful :( hope you find some answers to getting if fixed up!

OP
jdotlim

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Alright, I just got back from the vet! Tonka did well. It was minor hot spots. And it turned out he had an ear infection I never knew about. Vet shaved his chin area to get to the affected area. Glad it didn't spread even more. Vet also gave me anti-biotics and ointment for his spots. I'm not sure what gave him the spots. Maybe it was the collar not giving enough oxygen to his neck area. I ended up going to petsmart when I left him at the hospital and bought him a harness. Tonka will be on meds for the next 2 weeks. Thanks for all your concerns. I will keep you guys in the loop and let you know how he will be doing for the next few days. Tonka and I appreciate all the love you guys have shown us! Much appreciated!

OP
jdotlim

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
He's doing well and able to sleep!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Oh how sweet! I'm sure that is was from the collar and his eating/drinking habits. All the moisture just stayed under the collar andirritated his skin. He's on the mend now.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Alright, I just got back from the vet! Tonka did well. It was minor hot spots. And it turned out he had an ear infection I never knew about. Vet shaved his chin area to get to the affected area. Glad it didn't spread even more. Vet also gave me anti-biotics and ointment for his spots. I'm not sure what gave him the spots. Maybe it was the collar not giving enough oxygen to his neck area. I ended up going to petsmart when I left him at the hospital and bought him a harness. Tonka will be on meds for the next 2 weeks. Thanks for all your concerns. I will keep you guys in the loop and let you know how he will be doing for the next few days. Tonka and I appreciate all the love you guys have shown us! Much appreciated!

SO happy to hear that he is on the mend. In case you haven't read it, there is an excellent thread here about hot spots

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?20319-Hot-Spots-the-bad-and-the-ugly-of-it

Give him a big hug from us please :)

OP
jdotlim

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
SO happy to hear that he is on the mend. In case you haven't read it, there is an excellent thread here about hot spots

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?20319-Hot-Spots-the-bad-and-the-ugly-of-it

Give him a big hug from us please :)

Thanks! I gave him many big hugs from you guys!

I am so happy he is doing well and you were able to get that taken care of. I love his smooshy face :heart:

Yeah, I am glad it wasn't too big of a problem, and that he's doing better. The vet did tire him out, he's more active now. Thanks for your support!

Most Reactions