Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Ok, I hate to sound utterly dumb...but here goes. Lol I am aware that bullies are prone to lots of allergies and I would assume many of the symptoms are similar to people. However, I know watery eyes w tear stains, chin acne etc can also be non allergy related. My question is what do I look for to determine it is an allergy? Brie has some acne on her chin, but has had it on n for a cpl mos, she has also had tear stuff n n off. Today it appears her left eye is more watery thn her right and looks as if it is irritated? She blinks it a lot. Any thoughts??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is Brie? few months?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I'm thinking with her tearing it could be entropian or just an eyelash rubbing her eye! We just had one plucked out of Bru's eye that was growing in!

There are no dumb questions when owning a bulldog :) Brutus had bad chin acne as a pup bc of the bowl and how wet his chin was after drinking! Stainless steel bowls and try to keep the chin dry after drinking! I used Noxema pads to keep it clean and they went away in no time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Did you check out the article on allergies here?

Most of the symptoms you describe are likely allergy related...and it can be really frustrating to see how many ways allergies can manifest themselves in our bullies!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Puppies also get a lot of tear stains from teething... Makes their eyes water. Chin acne is also common in pups because they are always rubbing their chins on carpets and floors, exploring their world more than adults do. Best to do is try to keep their chin dry and clean as much as possible.

So my answer is no in puppies, yes in adults. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ok, I hate to sound utterly dumb...but here goes. Lol I am aware that bullies are prone to lots of allergies and I would assume many of the symptoms are similar to people. However, I know watery eyes w tear stains, chin acne etc can also be non allergy related. My question is what do I look for to determine it is an allergy? Brie has some acne on her chin, but has had it on n for a cpl mos, she has also had tear stuff n n off. Today it appears her left eye is more watery thn her right and looks as if it is irritated? She blinks it a lot. Any thoughts??

Only last week Ftse had a watery eye and blinking and I thought allergy or something and had a look at his eye and he an ant in the corner of his eye once the ant was out his eye was ok again.

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Only last week Ftse had a watery eye and blinking and I thought allergy or something and had a look at his eye and he an ant in the corner of his eye once the ant was out his eye was ok again.

I thought about something being in her eye or maybe she scratched eats. I just don't see anything, but that doesn't mean nothing it there. If it doesn't clear up n a day or o, I'll take her in to the vet...I just hate to spend more money on something simple that I might be able to fix through help here.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well bullies are so prone to eye issues such as eye lashes or entropion and such and with it being worse in one eye i think its better to get it looked at then you will know the next time better what it is. with the eyes i would rather be safe than sorry. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online