ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We are still making progress on Mabel's belly. The fungal infection was solid black when we got her in January and was thick, scaly and felt awful. The change isn't as dramatic as it was a few months ago, but I see more pink than was showing in the photo on top from a couple months ago. I still can't imagine how anyone could let a dog get in this bad condition and them claim her dogs were healthy. She is a special girl! image.jpg

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yes she is. If you don't mind me asking what type of fungal infection was it? I have never seen one like that on a dog before.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Mabel is definitely making progress. As you know already, fungal infections take some time to resolve, but she's getting there!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
What are you using to clear it up Lisa? Looks a ton better!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My goodness... How do they get that?!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
It looks much better, great job, Chris! Mabel hit bully parent lotto when
she found y'all :) Mabel makes me think of Cami, such similar personalities.
Cami is doing great, btw and I'll be posting new pics, just got her a pink pool
yesterday, can't wait to play with her in it.

Thank you for your PM and thinking of us :) I'm slowly coming around, I'm
starting to think about myself and trying to think about my needs...just didn't
care before now and also, I'm not being as hard on myself...that's helped a
lot, lol Hope y'all are good, when you visit TX, I'll come to Dallas to see you :)
I still have your 'lil sumpin' sumpin'...will mail off soon. Much love & GOD bless!

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I think Mabel got the infection from years of neglect, by a backyard breeder who was more interested in the money she could make from puppies than in the health of her dogs. I don't know what the organism is called, but it turned her belly almost completely black. I could kick myself for not taking a photo when we got her. When I took her to our vet the first time, they weren't sure that her skin color would ever be pink again. Her belly had a bumpy, slick, slimy feel, and we worked hard to keep it clean and dry. [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] I started using Mal-a-ket wipes and Gold Bond Medicated Powder on it every morning and started seeing a fading of the area. We were also bathing her weekly with Ketochlor shampoo and she's had a couple of rounds of ketoconazole. I now clean the area every other day and make sure she stays dry. The wipes aren't black when I throw them away anymore, but they are still getting some of the gunk out of her skin. Her skin is now soft and smooth--like it should be. I hope as the skin cells regenerate, we'll have even more of the sloughing of the discolored area. She's such a sweet little thing. I get sad when I think of how she was neglected for the first 4 to 5 years of her life. She's definitely a princess now!

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Jan 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
It looks much better, great job, Chris! Mabel hit bully parent lotto when
she found y'all :) Mabel makes me think of Cami, such similar personalities.
Cami is doing great, btw and I'll be posting new pics, just got her a pink pool
yesterday, can't wait to play with her in it.

Thank you for your PM and thinking of us :) I'm slowly coming around, I'm
starting to think about myself and trying to think about my needs...just didn't
care before now and also, I'm not being as hard on myself...that's helped a
lot, lol Hope y'all are good, when you visit TX, I'll come to Dallas to see you :)
I still have your 'lil sumpin' sumpin'...will mail off soon. Much love & GOD bless!

Thanks, Carol. Cami struck gold with you, too! I'll definitely let you know when we come down. We may still shoot for August and try bringing Miss Mabes with us. I am DYING to get Mabel a pool, but don't know if she would have any use for it. She plays a little more--loves to throw her deer antler and pounce on it--but those episodes are few and far between. She chased Bill around the living room a couple weeks ago. We were stunned! It will take time and patience. I have lots of each.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Awesome job, Chris! Mabel is definitely getting better everyday that she is with you! You two are so lucky you found each other! Keep up the great work :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks, Carol. Cami struck gold with you, too! I'll definitely let you know when we come down. We may still shoot for August and try bringing Miss Mabes with us. I am DYING to get Mabel a pool, but don't know if she would have any use for it. She plays a little more--loves to throw her deer antler and pounce on it--but those episodes are few and far between. She chased Bill around the living room a couple weeks ago. We were stunned! It will take time and patience. I have lots of each.

August is around the corner, how exciting, would love to get Mabel & Cami together too!

Cami doesn't play with any toys, balls, stuffies, chew bones and I'm not sure either about
her use of the pool. She doesn't really play w/me either, she wriggles some and turns her
her butt to me be scratched, she's been here about 2 & 1/2 months and never 'talked' then
2 weeks ago she started barking at me (bossing me) to help her on the bed and since then,
barks at least a couple times a day...too funny! She also got really loving about the same time,
I think she was guarding her heart and I know she was missing her skin kid, 5 y/o and her
bully brother. We have a new neighbor w/a 4 y/o male bully, sweet & mellow, and they want
play dates...Whoopee! They actually thought Cami was THEIR bully, they look so much alike.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Chris that is awful that someone would let her get that way at least she has you now and it looks so much better Mabel is such a pretty girl:luv:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh that looks so much better. yay for mabel. you may want to check out duoxo pads i found they worked for sarahs yeast or fungus better. you may also want to treat more than every other day. fungal infections are very hard to get rid of and perhaps a daily or even twice daily cleaning might help. also apple cidar vinegar is supposed to be good for yeast and fungus to. oh geez sorry but just cant help trying to help. your doing wonderfully. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wonderful progress.... remember she knows love now and that is what matters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.