Help Needed! Pink underneath front paws

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Hi,

Tonka is 5 months old in a couple of days. Today we were wrestling and I noticed his front paws are a little pinkish. I read on the forums it might be a yeast infection? It does not bother him, he walks fine and does not lick it or anything. I want to be able to treat it before it gets worst, or should I go see a Vet right away? Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.

He is currently on Blue Buffalo Wilderness Puppy Formula (Wolf on package) and I recently just started using Salmon Oil. I am going to transition him to Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon Recipe in a few weeks.

Tonka

Right Paw

Left Paw

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
*bump*

I'm not sure I see the yeasty areas you are talking about but I've little experience with this. Bumping so someone else will see.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well redness is usually a sign of an allergy and im wondering about the salmon oil. did the redness start with the salmon oil? i would stop that first and see if the redness clears up. i would not make any food switches just yet. if that doesnt clear it up then you will have to look deeper perhaps as to the cause. i do think i see a shadow of some yellow on the pads and if so that would be yeast which is also caused by allergy i believe. you can get some apple cidar vinegar and put it on them with a cotton ball. i use the kind that says mother on it.

NolaJane67

Jul 6, 2013
Central Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Nola Jane & Nash
I'm not sure about his feet but do watch for allergies!
This is just an FYI....blue buffalo is great food, I use it with my 2 bullies also!! 2 things..... If you can't get it clear with stopping the salmon oil, try switching him to blue buffalo Freedom, grain free, bully breeds often have grain allergies.
Also wilderness is very high in protein, and unless your guy is very active wilderness will really pack the pounds on a bully!!!!
Please don't think I know everything but BB Freedom saved me thousands in allergy testing!!!

OP
jdotlim

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
thanks for all the info. I am not sure if it started with the salmon oil. I just started using it yesterday. I will probably stop using it and see if it would get better. I will get apple cider vinegar and treat the infected area. I will also transition him into the blue buffalo freedom food as well. Thanks again.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
thanks for all the info. I am not sure if it started with the salmon oil. I just started using it yesterday. I will probably stop using it and see if it would get better. I will get apple cider vinegar and treat the infected area. I will also transition him into the blue buffalo freedom food as well. Thanks again.

Good Morning

I'm not seeing any yeast on his feet, IMO his pads may be a little more pink because he is getting a bit older and getting more use (pink before the callus ) you said he goes for walks, if he is walking on hot surfaces this could be the culprit of pink pads .
If he starts to lick his feet, he's got a yeast problem

OP
jdotlim

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Good Morning

I'm not seeing any yeast on his feet, IMO his pads may be a little more pink because he is getting a bit older and getting more use (pink before the callus ) you said he goes for walks, if he is walking on hot surfaces this could be the culprit of pink pads .
If he starts to lick his feet, he's got a yeast problem

Sherry, you are correct. When I do take him on walks. The concrete is semi warm maybe a little too hot? So we start walking on the grass. Would apple cider vinegar get rid of this? Or will it go away on its own? Thanks again for your help.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
IMO the foot soak wouldn't hurt, but it may not eliminate either. worth a shot. his feet don't look bad though. not yeasty

vinegar has been known to whiten the coat so it just might work

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
on that first pic if you blow it up i think that is some yeast on the bottom pad on the right and on the second pic the 2nd toe from the right could be some yeast or am i seeing things. if your dogs pads start to turn yellow thats yeast and it wont necessarily itch as sarahs doesnt. regardless i do want to caution you on changing to much to fast. bullies are very allergy prone and sometimes you get more problems than you had so if you want to change food thats fine but just do it slow over the coarse of 10 days and be on the lookout for other things. i dont see anything wrong with blue wilderness puppy its high protein yes but the fat is low and thats where you can get problems with weight. i hope its just the pavement. keep us updated.

Last edited:
OP
jdotlim

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
on that first pic if you blow it up i think that is some yeast on the bottom pad on the right and on the second pic the 2nd toe from the right could be some yeast or am i seeing things. if your dogs pads start to turn yellow thats yeast and it wont necessarily itch as sarahs doesnt. regardless i do want to caution you on changing to much to fast. bullies are very allergy prone and sometimes you get more problems than you had so if you want to change food thats fine but just do it slow over the coarse of 10 days and be on the lookout for other things. i dont see anything wrong with blue wilderness puppy its high protein yes but the fat is low and thats where you can get problems with weight. i hope its just the pavement. keep us updated.

his paws are looking a lot better now, still some pinkish though. i treated it with apple cider vinegar earlier. Hoping it will make it better. Will keep you guys updated. Thanks for all your help.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.