Kmb470

Jun 25, 2013
Philadelphia, Pa
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hey everyone,

As I mentioned on here before, I am a new bulldog owner, and my beautiful puppy arrived late last night. While he's an awesome little guy, he has been suffering from diarhea! We took him to the vet today for a general check-up, and besides so ear wax and the diarhea, he is said to be in good health. They took a stool (if you can even call it that) sample, which while pooping on the vet floor eppeared to have a little blood.

While we're waiting on the results, I have to feed him something to help his stomache. I went out and purchased the following, as I have read they're great for sick pups:

White Rice
Ground Beef (85/15)
Ground Chicken
Canned pumpkin

My question is, which combo of these ingredients, and how much is the desired meal for a sick pup?

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks - Kevin, Lauren, and Bruno (woof!)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm so sorry he isn't feeling well..often the stress of a big change can cause problems. Good job on getting the proper ingredients for the bland diet. Boil the chicken and add cooked rice..I always cook the rice in the boiled chicken water..makes like a broth..give him 1/2 cup at a time.

This is important. The canned pumpkin needs to be 100% canned pumpkin..not pie filling! Add a tsp of this to the bland diet. I hope it helps him quickly! He is so cute..

For more info on bland diet..click on link..and feed him three times a day..

OP
Kmb470

Kmb470

Jun 25, 2013
Philadelphia, Pa
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
The chicken is ground, not chicken breasts, should it still be boiled?

And thank you, he's stops everyone we've seen, he looks like a million bucks, just trying to get him to feel that way!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
The chicken is ground, not chicken breasts, should it still be boiled?

And thank you, he's stops everyone we've seen, he looks like a million bucks, just trying to get him to feel that way!

Yes..stil boil it..sounds weird I know..but he doesn't need fried right now! Just drain and will be ok.

Put in big skillet and fill with water to cover meat..don't let it fry! Just boil..can use ground beef too!

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hope Bruno feels better soon.... Becky has you covered. Keep us posted

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So what did the vet have to say? Something has made his little tummy upset. The bland food should help, and if it does then you can slowly introduce his food back in and see how that goes. If he starts getting the diarrhea back then his food may not be agreeing with him. What food are you feeding him?

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
You've gotten great advice here- nothing to add except keep us posted on results, send pics and WELCOME!!!

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
welcome and hes so cute.......hope things are better soon :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] has given you great info. Welcome to the site and I hope ypur baby is feelimg better soon.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Poor baby. Becky has you set. Let us know how he's doing. Dudley says hugs and bully kisses!:hug:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Welcome & hope Bruno feels better soon ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You got great advice above, hope Bruno feels better soon, and it's nothing serious. The bland diet and pumpkin should help. Pls keep us posted on his progress, and what the vet says.

OP
Kmb470

Kmb470

Jun 25, 2013
Philadelphia, Pa
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Thanks everyone! Slowly he seems to feel better, and was playing at a BBQ today! He's eating without loosing it right away, by now were sitting inside and he's whinning and shivering. I have him wrapped in a blanket in my arms, so hopefully he's feeling better soon. I love the little guy so much!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online