bald spots

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
ernie had one nickel size bald spot pop up last week. looked clean so I thought he rubbed against something. we were out of town and the pet sitter told me he had another one in a different area. s ure enough...smaller but another a bald spot???? any thoughts? cannot get to a vet until Thursday.

OP
erniesmom

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
the more I research the more I am thinking ringworm. anyone have any background on this? cannot get to the vet until Thursday.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Can you get a picture? A bald spot could be several things, from demodex mange, staph or just blowing the coat. A photo would really help:)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
erniesmom

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
my brain is so screwed up I was thinking today was Saturday afternoon...when I realized I finally realized it was Friday I was able to get him to the vet. Demodex. Thank god, I thought for sure it was ringworm. Will do a few dips and that should suffice. In typical bulldog fashion...vet said it was the most mites she has ever seen on any slide before. That's my Ernie!!!:D

David Barber

Jul 5, 2013
Rockmart GA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Baylee
My Ms Baylee has bald spot on both sides of her body we have taken her to the vet and nothing was found she did say her thyroid was low but in the normal range. Has anyone else seen this in there bullies i am hoping she is just shedding her coat photo.JPG

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
my brain is so screwed up I was thinking today was Saturday afternoon...when I realized I finally realized it was Friday I was able to get him to the vet. Demodex. Thank god, I thought for sure it was ringworm. Will do a few dips and that should suffice. In typical bulldog fashion...vet said it was the most mites she has ever seen on any slide before. That's my Ernie!!!:D

ah crap.... hope this clears up quick for your boy

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
My Ms Baylee has bald spot on both sides of her body we have taken her to the vet and nothing was found she did say her thyroid was low but in the normal range. Has anyone else seen this in there bullies i am hoping she is just shedding her coat View attachment 47638

to me, it looks like seasonal flank alopecia

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
to me, it looks like seasonal flank alopecia

I agree with sherry, it does. Is it itchy at all? You can read more topics on this by putting it in the search bar, I know many have success with melatonin but not sure what the dosage is.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

You must be so proud! :ROFL: so glad you caught it early!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my im glad you got him in and can get him all better soon. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.